Excellent win tonight

Re: Excellent win tonight

Gloucester Mute 09 Mar 2019 09:11 am said..

An excellent 21-20 win last night v Nottingham has lifted Hartpury off the 12th (relegation) place above Richmond. With games running out hopefully Hartpury College will survive in the Championship.

If they do this will be a considerable plus for GRFC as an excellent dual-contract outlet for GRFC Academy players.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1316  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

natoono 10 Mar 2019 06:58 am said..

Unfortunately Richmond somehow turned over Ealing... thus Hartpruy remain bottom.
natoono
Senior squad member

Dazza 10 Mar 2019 07:44 am said..

Only 5 games left to play, & for Hartpury the next 3 of those are against top 4 clubs.
If they can somehow stay in the mix after that, the last 2 games of the season are certainly winnable.
But Richmond beating Ealing yesterday was as equally annoying as it was stunning.
Dazza
Turns out for the A team

Gloucester Mute 11 Mar 2019 18:16 pm said..

And Leeds Carnegie beat London Irish on Sunday.

Who wants ring-fencing when real competition can occur due to relegation fears ?!?!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 03 Apr 2019 19:24 pm said..

Hartpury's 3rd win in a row v Bedford combined with Richmond losing will hopefully secure them 19/20 Championship rugby.

That said there are still a few games to go which some mid-table sides might not be taking so seriously !!

Fingers crossed - especially as injury-hit GRFC don't have too many spare players to lend to Mark Cornwell from hereon in.

Important that Hartpury can be used by those unused Gloucester squad players for live matches rather than non-stop training and the odd A-game.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

RTS2 07 Apr 2019 09:21 am said..

Think the London Scottish games for both Hartpury and Richmond are crunch matches.

Pury at home helps a little bit but Richmond will also be targeting this one. It's a survival scrap and the biggest test of the clubs resources to date. If they can stay up then I think they will be a mid table side next season but this league is a tough one for a club the size of Hartpury. I see Gloucester -Hartpury connection becoming even stronger ( if possible ).

The great crop of Acadamey boys coming through at the moment should bolster things and when you look at the strength in depth in the Gloucester back row atm ; it's also likely a few first- teamer's will be getting their fitness top up after training next season playing there too ?.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 07 Apr 2019 22:24 pm said..

It does have to be mentioned (in fairness) that Hartpury have been helped in recent weeks by 12 short-term signings from the ranks of Gloucester, Bristol and Worcester - whilst Richmond have had the help of just 2 players from Harlequins.

I can live with that mind you !! It also demonstrates the help of having a good relationship with a local Championship side can bring for Premiership clubs.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Saint 11 Apr 2019 11:38 am said..

"Hartpury have been helped in recent weeks by 12 short-term signings"
Not sure where you get this number from? variations between 10 and 13 being banded about but all factually incorrect!
Saint
Senior squad member

Number8 11 Apr 2019 19:24 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:It does have to be mentioned (in fairness) that Hartpury have been helped in recent weeks by 12 short-term signings from the ranks of Gloucester, Bristol and Worcester - whilst Richmond have had the help of just 2 players from Harlequins.

I can live with that mind you !! It also demonstrates the help of having a good relationship with a local Championship side can bring for Premiership clubs.

Whilst this benefits Hartpury and appears to be within the regulations, what are other peoples thoughts on this? to me it seems unfair on other teams in the league that this can happen at this stage of the season.
Number8
Vice-Captain

Saint 12 Apr 2019 11:40 am said..

The team that beat Bedford last time out had two forwards who were not playing for Hartpury before Christmas, Q who Hartpury signed and Joe Batley Dual Registered with Bristol. If you know Joe's history you will appreciate he is a Hartpury boy who is always keen to play for Hartpury as they helped make him the player he is today.

In the backs there were three that hadn't played before Christmas, Tovey and Powell in the centres, Tovey has played for Hartpury before and Powell is a talented youngster getting game time. Due to Hartpury's two main centres being injured it undoubtedly helped! Ben Vellacott came to Hartpury as an 18 year old and made his name while playing as a student . Gloucester won't give him game time if they can avoid it now he has signed for Wasps. Ben just wants to play rugby and has played almost 70 games for Hartpury in National League and Championship fixtures.

Hardly 13 ringers!
Saint
Senior squad member
Previous

Return to Hartpury RFC & local rugby