Rams v Cinderford

Hall of Famer

Rams v Cinderford

20 Nov 2021 06:50 am:

A tough match today for Cinderford . Rams are an excellent side on the day and this will be another tough away game . Did well against them pre-season , but that may not count for a lot today . Possibly Cinds most important outing of the season and a W is needed to keep that gap where it needs to be at the top of the table. I'm expecting them to win but this could be very close .
Hall of Famer

Re: Rams v Cinderford

20 Nov 2021 06:52 am:

Rams v Cinderford
Saturday 20th November, kick off 3pm
Starting Line Up
15 Mike Wilcox (Captain)
14 Will Baldwin
13 Jamie Forrester
12 George Boulton
11 Will Hendy
10 Liam Hemming
9 Jimmy Williams
1 George Porter
2 Nathan Taylor
3 James Elliot
4 Tyler Jerrum
5 George Evans
6 Joe Dancer
7 Jack Shields
8 Matthew Lane
Replacements
16 Tim Brockett
17 Joe Mullis
18 Aaron Ryan
19 Mike Austin
20 Ed Sheldon
Hall of Famer

20 Nov 2021 07:59 am:

Is skipper Hone injured?
Hall of Famer

20 Nov 2021 16:46 pm:

20-22 to Rams.
Hall of Famer

23 Nov 2021 23:21 pm:

Knew this one would be tough. Rams are a very good outfit. Cind will regroup. RP and Rams results bring the club back down to earth but it's very well -grounded already . This division is tough. Cinderford are as a tough a unit as any in it and I am confident they will pull together and get better from the last two defeats.

Saturday is massive ...Sale FC.

Home match and a win is essential. Must work on defence this week. Will be a very tough test again.
Hall of Famer

23 Nov 2021 23:50 pm:

Big question RTS2 is whether Cinderford want/can afford promotion to Championship in 22/23 ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

24 Nov 2021 00:01 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Big question RTS2 is whether Cinderford want/can afford promotion to Championship in 22/23 ??

It's a fair question John.

Answer in brief is YES they do want promotion. The boys are 100% committed ( as are the club ) in achieving it .
Hall of Famer

24 Nov 2021 09:12 am:

Golly, that really surprises me. Can understand player's ambition BUT not the club's.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

24 Nov 2021 13:35 pm:

I am sure the club has ambitions but they are realistic John and a Championship-playing side may depend of an extended Gloucester Academy ?. The financial commitment to the club from existing sponsors isn't going to (in all likelihood) be enough ( IMO ) . The level is quite a jump up and wages are going to be higher although my thoughts are that some players will jump at the opportunity of playing at the higher level and probably won't be rocking any boats. I say "extended Academy"; but in effect I mean that more of the youngsters who are now coming through the Gloucester system could be signed with Cinderford than we have seen in recent seasons.

What will be increasingly important IMO is closer coaching collaboration with the Gloucester set-up to ensure that players are working towards the style of rugby and required skill sets that are being molded by the current Gloucester coaching " regime".

With Gloucester moving from Hartpury and with the other logistical challenges I would imagine that channels for coaching communication will be found to ensure that the above is achieved. It is clear which way Gloucester Rugby are looking to develop the academy and having two 2nd tier local sides could be a great advantage to bot the club and to the local Championship sides.

Having said all of that Cinderford have yet to gain promotion. This is a very tough division to get of this year.

Return to Hartpury, Cinderford & Other local rugby