Hartpury v Coventry

Hartpury v Coventry

Russglos 21 Jan 2020 18:54 pm said..

I notice that Hartpury v Coventry is on the telly this Saturday, for those with Sky, (or those that stream).
Russglos
Hero in the making

Re: Hartpury v Coventry

RTS2 21 Jan 2020 19:42 pm said..

Russglos

Good spot.

Great for Pury to get such exposure. Do you remember that match their first season up against Bristol away !?...wow what a first half they pulled off. Need more of it ; but this should be a great match . Two quite evenly balanced sides. I fancy a W for Hartpury and it would really make a solid statement for them .

Just waiting for next season . 2,500 plus at the Gillmans ....a la 1985....Coney Hill v Salaries RFC ! :)
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Russglos 21 Jan 2020 20:17 pm said..

I do remember the Briz game.

Also, I think a friend of mine might have played in the Coney Hill team. I must ask him but he might have retired before that game. I do know that he had played against them previously though.
Russglos
Hero in the making

RTS2 21 Jan 2020 21:48 pm said..

Russglos wrote:I do remember the Briz game.

Also, I think a friend of mine might have played in the Coney Hill team. I must ask him but he might have retired before that game. I do know that he had played against them previously though.

Would be interested to know who the mystery fella is. Having scuffed against them a few time )) it's good to know these things. I last played against them in 89. The always had a good front and played as a " guest player " as our fixture against Pooler was frozen off . Trying to think who was in their FR in '85. GDM' it
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 22 Jan 2020 19:10 pm said..

Have worked it out now..cheers Russglos ;) . I don't think he played in that match.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Russglos 22 Jan 2020 19:27 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:

Have worked it out now..cheers Russglos ;) . I don't think he played in that match.

Ah! Thanks for that RTS. You've saved me at least half a day's conversation.
Russglos
Hero in the making

Return to Hartpury, Cinderford & Other local rugby