LYDNEY RFC UNDER WATER : FUNDRAISER

LYDNEY RFC UNDER WATER : FUNDRAISER

Gloucester Mute 16 Feb 2020 22:33 pm said..

There has been a round-robin message on social media regarding Lydney RFC which got flooded last night when the River Severn unexpectedly burst it's banks. The club had recently just completed a full refurbishment and much of that has gone up the swannee. Not helped at all by the fact that the club cannot get flood insurance as it's on a flood-plain.

LRFC is not just a local community rugby club but also a base for a lot of local Lydney-town activities.

Any chance of SW posters dipping their hands in their pockets. Even a fiver will go a long way. Here's the link:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... =e64qkqpMa
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Re: LYDNEY RFC UNDER WATER : FUNDRAISER

Gloucester Mute 17 Feb 2020 16:39 pm said..

Bump.

Some great support being shown from Glos clubs + County. Over £5,000 raised so far...……

Keep it coming !! A little goes a long way in the Forest !! ;)
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Lewi7 17 Feb 2020 16:53 pm said..

Very sad to see Lydney under water. Let's hope they are up & running asap. Many clubs further West in South Wales also badly affected, especially Bedwas & Cross Keys. Of course this just affecting rugby clubs but other sports clubs and facilities aswell as business's and home owners.

I see severe flood warnings remain for the Severn & Wye, with flood levels in the Hereford / Ross areas at their highest for some 200 years.
Lewi7
Posts: 3971  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?

Mitch 17 Feb 2020 21:08 pm said..

Hereford RFC also has a fundraiser to raise money to repair and rebuild the club. They keep planning to move away to a new ground but it keeps falling through.

Anything that can be given will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-rebuild ... are-flow-1
Mitch
Senior squad member

Return to Hartpury, Cinderford & Other local rugby