No rugby this season for national league clubs eg Cinderford

Hall of Famer

Re: No rugby this season for national league clubs eg Cinder

25 Jan 2021 14:29 pm:

The club is closed, no coaching/physio costs, the bar is sub-let to local pub = no rent but no costs either, most annual subs were paid + some sponsorship, minimal basic running/maintenance costs.

Govt and Council grants. Loan repayment holiday. No referee costs. Volunteers doing necessary upkeep work.

Same as vast majority. In hibernation and not suffering as no rugby-related overheads.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Turns out for the A team

12 Mar 2021 14:32 pm:

Cinderford are listed to play in the NCA cup, some sides are I believe now in fitness training, but no scrums or mauls.
Group 1: Blaydon, Darlington Mowden Park, Tynedale, Wharfedale, Harrogate

Group 2: Barnes, Chinnor, Esher, Henley Hawks, Rams RFC, Rosslyn Park

Group 3: Birmingham Moseley, Leicester Lions, Stourbridge, Luctonians, Cinderford, Hinckley, Loughborough Students.

Group 4: Blackheath, Canterbury, Old Elthamians, Tonbridge Juddians, Worthing Raiders

Group 5: Sale FC, Caldy, Chester, Fylde, Sedgley Park

Group 6: Bishop’s Stortford, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Old Albanian, Westcliff

Group 7: Leeds Tykes, Huddersfield, Sheffield Tigers, Hull, Hull Ionians

Group 8: Plymouth Albion, Barnstaple, Redruth, Clifton, Dings Crusaders, Taunton

As revealed last week, the start of the tournament will be delayed until at least February in order to allow everyone to stat on an equal footing.
Hall of Famer

12 Mar 2021 18:10 pm:

No other way to say it Tigerburnie but that's a load of out of date b0llocks !!

The NCA Cup got cancelled a while back and there will be only be limited friendlies or regional Cups from 26th April earliest for those who want to bother. Earliest date for training is 29th March.

Sorry for being the bearer.....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Turns out for the A team

12 Mar 2021 18:56 pm:

I read this and made the assumption that the cup was still on, my mistake then
https://www.ncarugby.com/announcements/ ... ys-return/
Previous

Return to Hartpury, Cinderford & Other local rugby