Cinderford 11 wins from 11( including pre-season and League)

Hall of Famer

Re: Cinderford 9 wins from 9( including pre-season and Leag

09 Oct 2021 16:36 pm:

Great result at Dockham Road.

36-12 to Cind. Rossyln Park lost ! so Cind now top of National One on 28 points unbeaten and 3 points clear !

Well done boys !!
Hall of Famer

Re: Cinderford 9 wins from 9 ( including pre-season and Leag

09 Oct 2021 16:45 pm:

Fantastic yes top of the league. Well done Cindy
Hall of Famer

Re: Cinderford 10 wins from 10( including pre-season and Lea

16 Oct 2021 15:43 pm:

Great match at Dockham today. Hope anyone who travelled to see it enjoyed some great rugby especially in the second half from Cind. Quick stop back at Tetbury then straight up to Richmond where I am staying tonight ahead of tomorrows match. Really entertaining game today. Reece was very good with the boot. Two fantastic efforts. One just inside the Leeds half and the other a conversion from wide out on the touch line. Some great try's. Bonus points and another good win to keep the boys on top on the table.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 16:56 pm:

And the coaches say they're still not playing to their potential.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2021 05:16 am:

MarcusRann wrote:And the coaches say they're still not playing to their potential.

And they are right MarcusRann.

Too many points being leaked...way too many. If it comes to an eqaul pointer at the top of the table between Ram. Cind and RP then it could be costly. Also adds pressure to ensure wins home and away against these two. I am looking forward to the Rosslyn Park away match. They are getting very good crowds there by all accounts this season. . Will be the real test of where Cind are right now. Friday night under the lights v Exeter and then early start up to town for that one.

Perfect arrangement ! :)

October 30th 3 pm.

Two very winnable matches before that one and they must close the hatches .
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2021 08:48 am:

I presume (dangerously) that there will probably be 2, rather than the usual 1, promoted from this league to Championship for next season ??

I just hope that Cinderford aren't using all JCB's massive sponsorship package on paying players and much is being used for infrastructure/rest of club. RTS2 ?? Briefly.... ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2021 10:50 am:

Looking at the table - who are the Rams?
Site Admin

20 Oct 2021 12:25 pm:

https://www.ramsrugby.com/

They're in the lovely village of Sonning, near Reading.. Just down the road from Microsoft, for those who know.. nice pub there (The Bull Inn).
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2021 13:57 pm:

steckers wrote:Looking at the table - who are the Rams?

They used to be called Redingensians RFC. Very go-ahead/monied/corporate/ambitious outfit BUT still with some nice genuine rugby people associated.

Think Newbury RFC, Newbury Blues, Vodafone......
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

25 Oct 2021 16:34 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I presume (dangerously) that there will probably be 2, rather than the usual 1, promoted from this league to Championship for next season ??

I just hope that Cinderford aren't using all JCB's massive sponsorship package on paying players and much is being used for infrastructure/rest of club. RTS2 ?? Briefly.... ;)

John no danger of the big financial crash . Really. As for infrastructure the community support is central to this club. Has been since I can remember even as a boy. The level of local sponsorship is decent. Could always be more and has always been thus.

How they will cope at the higher level is another matter. The club are trying to build a solid team that can cope for at least one season at the higher level but truth known they are not in the same financial league as several of the sides; even down to the social club income. The ongoing issue there has been the ground and the historical domination of the town council. The land is very valuable . A shift up to the top of St. Whites Road never happened and arguably if a deal could have been done with a large supermarket to offer competition to the Co-op a fews years ago then the clubs progress might have had a catalyst.
PreviousNext

Return to Hartpury, Cinderford & Other local rugby