Cinderford keeping things positive .....

Cinderford keeping things positive .....

RTS2 03 Sep 2017 20:07 pm said..

Don't expect a third club section on here shedwebadmin ! :) ; but thought another positive story from the county's third ranked club was worthy of a mention.

Wasn't sure whether to put this thread on here or on Hartpury section. I know some of you like to keep up with the club's where some of our developing players are playing their competitive rugby.

Cinderford have four Gloucester academy players this season; all promising 18-year-olds in including centre Ed Bogue, outside-half Carwyn Penny, second row Callum Allen and flanker Aaron Hinkley.

Last season the link between the clubs benefited player development including; hookers Henry Walker , Joe Mullis along with along with props Ciaran Knight and Alex Seville. It's possible three of these ( at least) will feature in Glaws A-Team and possibly Anglo-Welsh fixtures this season and the link is now a potential useful progression from National league to The Championship (Hartpury) as well; before a step up to Gloucester.

A very good win away for Cind at Canterbury . They have a few of our boy's there season like Hartpury do; so let's wish them continued success in the League and hopefully a return to First Division status sooner than later. Tough Division to get out of .

Canterbury 17 - Cinderford 39

http://cinderfordrfc.co.uk/match/6623/
Last edited by RTS2 on 03 Sep 2017 20:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Cinderford keeping things positive .....

shedwebadmin 03 Sep 2017 20:15 pm said..

I could rename the hartpury one 'local rugby' ? That could work..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
shedwebadmin
Site Admin

RTS2 03 Sep 2017 20:23 pm said..

shedwebadmin wrote:I could rename the hartpury one 'local rugby' ? That could work..

Good idea James.

Why not Hartpury RFC & Local Rugby ? . I think Hartpury deserve to be the headliner for the other thread and in fairness their League structure ranking and following on here totally justify that .

I was going to list a few more local scores but then thought....where do you stop ?.; and you know what I'm like when I get going ! :lol:
RTS2
Hall of Famer

shedwebadmin 03 Sep 2017 20:25 pm said..

Good idea.. I'll make it so..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
shedwebadmin
Site Admin

RTS2 03 Sep 2017 20:37 pm said..

shedwebadmin wrote:Good idea.. I'll make it so..

Great ! :)
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 04 Sep 2017 11:38 am said..

This is a top idea. Hopefully it can replace a bit of the void left by the demise of the Pink Un
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

torchy6 04 Sep 2017 13:32 pm said..

I agree, thanks Shedwebadmin and TSR2 :D
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

Morriati 04 Sep 2017 17:35 pm said..

Great idea.

A plug for my local side, Tonbridge Juddians, newly promoted to National 2 and started with a great away win at Bury St Edmonds at the weekend.

Cinderford visit us on 21 Oct - a warm welcome awaits for all travelling fans.

Best
Rich
Morriati
On a trial

TheOptimistSenior 05 Sep 2017 12:20 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
shedwebadmin wrote:I could rename the hartpury one 'local rugby' ? That could work..

Good idea James.

Why not Hartpury RFC & Local Rugby ? . I think Hartpury deserve to be the headliner for the other thread and in fairness their League structure ranking and following on here totally justify that .

I was going to list a few more local scores but then thought....where do you stop ?.; and you know what I'm like when I get going ! :lol:

Great idea RTS* and shedwebadmin. As a VP at Newent, I obviously follow them closely, but it will be good to keep tracks on other local teams, on one site.
TheOptimistSenior
Senior squad member

RTS2 05 Sep 2017 17:38 pm said..

Morriati wrote:Great idea.

A plug for my local side, Tonbridge Juddians, newly promoted to National 2 and started with a great away win at Bury St Edmonds at the weekend.

Cinderford visit us on 21 Oct - a warm welcome awaits for all travelling fans.

Best
Rich

Hi Rich ;

Yes a great club Judds. Very proactive in promoting the sport for women in your neck of the woods and remember when I were a lad :) I watched a Lydney XV play OJ's (well before they merged with Tonbridge)as a touring side - if memory serves me right. In those days Lyd of course played Glaws twice every season. Ten years later Lydney were beating Fylde in the Pilkington Cup and Judds were still playing on mole hills in Kent !. :) how times have changed hey ?. Now they are higher ranked than Lydney !!.

Club similar background to Old Richians and Old Cryptians with close links with Judd school and Tonbridge Grammar. First fixture between them and Cinderford I believe and yes a fantastic achievement to gain promotion last season and K.O with a 50 points win at B.S.E. Two long journey's ahead for both teams ! :)
RTS2
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Hartpury RFC & local rugby