Cinderford keeping things positive .....

Re: Cinderford keeping things positive .....

RTS2 05 Sep 2017 17:51 pm said..

TheOptimistSenior wrote:
RTS2 wrote:
shedwebadmin wrote:I could rename the hartpury one 'local rugby' ? That could work..

Good idea James.

Why not Hartpury RFC & Local Rugby ? . I think Hartpury deserve to be the headliner for the other thread and in fairness their League structure ranking and following on here totally justify that .

I was going to list a few more local scores but then thought....where do you stop ?.; and you know what I'm like when I get going ! :lol:

Great idea RTS* and shedwebadmin. As a VP at Newent, I obviously follow them closely, but it will be good to keep tracks on other local teams, on one site.

Cheers TheOptimistSenior ( I chose not to abbreviate your moniker ) :) .

It is a good idea but credit where due to simmo468 & Colin and to SWAdmin for making it happen. Hope posters on SW contribute their local musings and rugby experiences to the section. I love to read about the grass root stuff. It's still what the sport is about to most of us - well hopefully !

Newent had a very decent result. A mate of one of my son's is currently playing for Drybrook and he watched them play Newent at Mannings Road on the weekend. He commented on how well coached they appear to be and the size of the pack impressed him !. Drybrook are not a push-over side. I watched them at Clevedon last season (well caught the second-half anyway) and they are a good side at that level. Given relative league rankings, I would argue that the Division at that level is probably the best standard of any in England right now. Some very good ; well-run clubs in it.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

TheOptimistSenior 06 Sep 2017 16:16 pm said..

[/quote] Cheers TheOptimistSenior ( I chose not to abbreviate your moniker ) :) .

It is a good idea but credit where due to simmo468 & Colin and to SWAdmin for making it happen. Hope posters on SW contribute their local musings and rugby experiences to the section. I love to read about the grass root stuff. It's still what the sport is about to most of us - well hopefully !

Newent had a very decent result. A mate of one of my son's is currently playing for Drybrook and he watched them play Newent at Mannings Road on the weekend. He commented on how well coached they appear to be and the size of the pack impressed him !. Drybrook are not a push-over side. I watched them at Clevedon last season (well caught the second-half anyway) and they are a good side at that level. Given relative league rankings, I would argue that the Division at that level is probably the best standard of any in England right now. Some very good ; well-run clubs in it.[/quote]

You can abbreviate my moniker - I've been called much worse, RTS2! Apologies to simmo468 and Colin - I did acknowledge SWAdmin. though.
Agree re. Newent. DoR is Andy Addis (also Glos. County Senior Team Manager). Ross McMillan (ex Glaws.,Northampton hooker and now at Bristol) is head coach, backs coaching shared between Peter Kingston and Matt Teague. They've had a good few years, with two successful trips to Twickenham.
Came back from 13 - 0 down, with three tries in the last 30 minutes, to win at Drybrook.
TheOptimistSenior
Senior squad member

RTS2 09 Sep 2017 15:07 pm said..

Flying the flag for the County at National league level and above today beating Clifton 40 -0 !!!!
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 09 Sep 2017 15:18 pm said..

Cinderford leading 45-0
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 09 Sep 2017 16:10 pm said..

Final score...

Cinderford 57 - Clifton 5

Well done Cind !!!!!
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Simmo468 17 Sep 2017 10:40 am said..

Smashed Henley Hawks 17-90!!

3 from 3 max points top of the table.
Simmo468
On the board

Mackemglaws 17 Sep 2017 18:27 pm said..

Brilliant! Keep it going 8-)
Mackemglaws
Hall of Famer

RTS2 17 Sep 2017 19:39 pm said..

That is an amazing result !!!!

Just been talking to one of the committee guys OTP. They are cooking on gas at the moment ! :) . I'm torn between watching them or Hartpury next weekend. Tough call. I would love to see them promoted back to Div 1. Taunton are going to be a tough side to beat this season. They have a very good coaching set up and money behind them too.

As for next weekend ....it's going to come down to the toss of a coin.... :shock:

Hartpury V Yorkshire Carnegie ??? OR

Cinderford V London Irish Wild Geese ???

:roll:

Both technically in the Forest of Dean of course but too far apart to watch one half of each match :?
RTS2
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Hartpury RFC & local rugby