Old Pats

Old Pats

Lewi7 23 Oct 2017 15:58 pm said..

I watched Old Pats play at home against Banbury on Sat. Like most places the weather was, well, very wet and very windy.
It was a top of the table clash in SW 1 (east). Final score 15-0 to Old Pats. It was 15-0 at half time too and some may know the Old Pats pitch has a slope. The home team played up the slope in the 2nd half, into the wind and rain and defended aswell as I've seen (at any level), even when they went down to 14 men (yellow card).

I understand that Pats have lost only 1 match across their 1st, 2nd & 3rd teams so far this season. The 1sts are 7 wins from 7 and top their table.
Posts: 3426  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Re: Old Pats

Lewi7 06 Nov 2017 20:52 pm said..

Old Pats, now 9 wins from 9.

On Sat they put 55 points on 3rd placed Chippenham.

Still only 1 loss across the 3 senior teams so far this season.
Lewi7

glawsrugbyfan 13 Nov 2017 11:23 am said..

I've watched a fair few games at Pats over the years, and I think their general preference is to play up the hill in the first half, and soak up everything the opposition can throw at them - before using the slope in the second to good effect.
glawsrugbyfan
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Nov 2017 11:51 am said..

That is exactly the Old Pats way. Can get a bit confusing when you play somewhere with a flat pitch and your not sure which end to choose! :D
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

Lewi7 11 Dec 2017 12:51 pm said..

In the Old Pats v Banbury match a few weeks ago, played in a storm, Old Pats played up the slope in the 2nd half and defended brilliantly, even when down to 14 men, and won the match.

Last Sat they beat Witney at home, 58 - 10, they are 13 wins from 13 and are 8 points ahead of 2ns placed Chippenham, who they beat recently by putting 50 odd points on them.
Lewi7

RTS2 11 Dec 2017 16:00 pm said..

glawsrugbyfan wrote:I've watched a fair few games at Pats over the years, and I think their general preference is to play up the hill in the first half, and soak up everything the opposition can throw at them - before using the slope in the second to good effect.

Played against them twice ; once for Old Richians and once for Cinderford United. They were always a consistent side and difficult to beat at home. Seems nothing much has changed. I do confess to not finding the pitch that much of an issue from memory and believe me played on many worse than theirs !.

Good to see any Shire side doing well. Looking like promotion favourites,
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Return to Hartpury RFC & local rugby