Excellent win tonight

Excellent win tonight

Gloucester Mute 15 Feb 2019 23:58 pm said..

Made a change of venue tonight to watch Hartpury v Richmond in the bottom-of-the-table last-chance-saloon battle for 'Pury.

The boys came good with a 36-12 BP home win against the amateur side from London. Hartpury still in 12th and relegation place BUT only, crucially, on worse points-difference. Will be between Hartpury and Richmond to see who can nick another win or LBP with just 7 League games left this season.

Main thing is our "second-team" are back in with a fight after tonight...…….

I would suggest in GRFC's interest to be doing all they can to help their little-brother stay in Level 2.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1530  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Re: Excellent win tonight

Cherryade 16 Feb 2019 06:32 am said..

Agreed...that was a vital win for Hartpury and they have given themselves a chance.....its going to be very tough to stay up but I really hope they can and that GRFC do all they can to help them stay up....Hartpury has been an amazing success story and I hope it continues.
Cherryade
Vice-Captain

What_a_flanker 16 Feb 2019 15:54 pm said..

Yep - important result. Not out of the woods, by a long stretch, but enough to suggest that Hartpury will upset one or two more teams before the end of the season if they can keep that side together (or something close to it).

Glaws players all put in a good shift, with Lloyd Evans and Charlie Chapman picking up tries, but special mention for Alex Craig, who's work-rate was phenomenal and who was a great presence in the line out.

Onwards and upwards?
What_a_flanker
First team regular

Number8 16 Feb 2019 18:18 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Made a change of venue tonight to watch Hartpury v Richmond in the bottom-of-the-table last-chance-saloon battle for 'Pury.

The boys came good with a 36-12 BP home win against the amateur side from London. Hartpury still in 12th and relegation place BUT only, crucially, on worse points-difference. Will be between Hartpury and Richmond to see who can nick another win or LBP with just 7 League games left this season.

Main thing is our "second-team" are back in with a fight after tonight...…….

I would suggest in GRFC's interest to be doing all they can to help their little-brother stay in Level 2.

Mr Mute, I thought, based up on previous posts, that you were not a fan of the 'tax payer funded' Hartpury RFC?
Number8
Vice-Captain

Gloucester Mute 17 Feb 2019 20:43 pm said..

Never a fan, per se, of state-funded educational establishments channelling money into sport and competing in Leagues with mainly amateur clubs. See Exeter University Saturday-side as an example of "blurring the truth"...….

My attitude somewhat changed and softened when Hartpury RFC got promoted into the Championship - a mainly professional set-up outside amateur Richmond.

Hartpury now have to compete on a relatively level playing-field with salaries etc; and are actually one of the poorest in their League.

I think Number 8 that individuals can alter their attitudes as the facts alter. Hartpury RFC v nearly all other County clubs was previously not a fair contest.

I also has to be acknowledged what an asset Hartpury can be for GRFC as a source of young players + an educational base for our players + a world-class training base. It is in GRFC's interest to maintain HRFC at Championship level.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1530  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Number8 18 Feb 2019 10:53 am said..

Thanks for the reply Mr Mute, I just wondered why the apparent change in view.
Number8
Vice-Captain

lucifer 25 Feb 2019 12:05 pm said..

Really good crowd too, considering Glos were also playing.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 01 Mar 2019 14:13 pm said..

Might just pop down to Cov tomorrow to see how they do against Richmond...should do Hartpury a favour but they got Ealing so will likely balance things out...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

What_a_flanker 01 Mar 2019 14:25 pm said..

You may well be right KPB, but quite a decent Hartpury line up at Ealing tomorrow.

Lewis Ludlow, Ben Vellacott both playing, as well as Glos youngsters Alex Craig and Tom Seabrook. Throw in a few from Bristol and Wuss, plus Akapusi Qera getting back to something like full fitness, and it may not all be one-way traffic.
What_a_flanker
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 05 Mar 2019 11:00 am said..

Richmond made Coventry struggle for a win in a bitterly cold gale that made it a game of two halves....Cov just hung on but let Richmond get a bonus point win...shows how good the Hartpury result was the week before. A very negative attitude towards Hartpury at Cov who don't like the assistance they're getting from the surrounding premiership clubs....maybe Cov should be a bit more open minded to their neighbouring premierships clubs...especially one who is definitely seen as a cuckoo in the nest.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Next

Return to Hartpury, Cinderford & Other local rugby