O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

08 Dec 2021 09:38 am:

https://fb.watch/9MdGvmhuPx/

Rees-Moggs ambitions may be scuppered for a while.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Hall of Famer

08 Dec 2021 10:23 am:

SirHenry wrote:https://fb.watch/9MdGvmhuPx/

Rees-Moggs ambitions may be scuppered for a while.

"The police will not investigate this in a year's time". That is almost perfect. We should put that on the new £50 notes.
Hall of Famer

08 Dec 2021 22:41 pm:

Hall of Famer

08 Dec 2021 23:19 pm:

Hands up who thinks Johnson is up to the job, go on, raise your hand.

Ok, now, use that hand to give your head a good slap.

08 Dec 2021 23:55 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Hands up who thinks Johnson is up to the job, go on, raise your hand.

Ok, now, use that hand to give your head a good slap.

IMHO
He was never up to the Job, but unfortunately we've, in the main, now got Politicians who: went to Uni - dogsbody to an MP, I mean research assistant - wrote a paper on something they never actually knew anything about, but read books on it - MP / Minister liked it - Senior Research assistant - candidate list - MP in a seat a rosette could win on its own - keep quiet on the back benches as the Whips Office has some dirt on you - take cash from a body that you can't talk about in the HoC, as you have an interest, but do anyway, etc, etc.

In the USA all political donors must be declared, but not in the UK. India has less MP's with a higher population. The unelected HoL has more members than the HoC. As an MP you can accuse anyone of anything without fear of prosecution, but you must call a fellow MP Honourable, even if they've blatantly lied. We've continually been told, by multiple Governments, that the Armed Forces, the NHS, Schools etc must modernise and yet the Body that passes the laws to do that, fails to modernise itself. In the meantime the Armed forces are now basically a Defence Force, the NHS, whilst still the 3rd biggest employer in the World, is on its knees and was pre Covid and you can get an GCSE exam pass with 29%. The democratic system in the UK is buggered. Unfortunately we, the Public haven't helped, by accepting such dross. I've voted in every election I was applicable to vote in since I turned 18. I so little faith in any party now, I'm not sure I will again.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

09 Dec 2021 17:05 pm:

FB_IMG_1639069585764.jpg
Hall of Famer

10 Dec 2021 22:51 pm:

Hall of Famer

12 Dec 2021 20:04 pm:

Nice to see he's brushed his hair.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

12 Dec 2021 22:48 pm:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Nice to see he's brushed his hair.

All part of the act.
Hall of Famer

14 Dec 2021 11:30 am:

It's not without irony than some of the more fervent anti-mask MPs to the mid/far right are angry and taking away people's liberties in having to wear a mask whilst indoors in public places but were equally happy to remove your right to travel and live abroad in the EU.

My particular favourite was Marcus Fysh denouncing vaccine passports as we aren't a "papers please" country yet voting FOR people to have to bring ID to vote. Shameful.
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby