O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

06 Nov 2020 19:23 pm:

I’ve always been stunned that a country that has put a man on the moon, developed the Internet, gave us progressive social heroes like Malcom X, developed astounding numbers of actors, performing artists, sports men & women, could elect such a selfish, self-centred, rude and racist individual like Trump.

Tonight it feels like the elastic band of probability is snapping back to where it belongs.
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

06 Nov 2020 20:26 pm:

I'm not sure the legal actions will all materialise. Some re-counts but not ALL of the legal proceedings. It's far more valuable to Trump to be able to go forward claiming he was cheated than actually having definitive answers.
Hall of Famer

09 Nov 2020 11:46 am:

There has been some speculation that Trump was banking on another 4 years in the White House to make it more difficult (as President) to be pursued in repaying his debts (estimated at somewhere in the region of $1.1bn, of which £300m are due in the next 4 years).
Although the pandemic will be affecting business and property prices, he appears to have sufficient in vested in property in New York, Florida, Chicago and California etc that he could sell a couple and easily clear $500m.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Site Admin

09 Nov 2020 11:55 am:

Will the next fumblings see Baz spending a little more quality time at his new digs in Florida, Baz-a-Lago? Just a little something for the weekend..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

09 Nov 2020 13:33 pm:

trump is moaning about the system being loaded against him, when the EV means he still had a shot at winning having received 4 million fewer votes.
Hall of Famer

10 Nov 2020 20:05 pm:

It's all getting a bit silly now. As many folks have pointed out, the same ballots contained the elections for senators and congressmen (persons) but the Republicans aren't challenging those votes. Funny that.

And the latest is that Bill Barr is actively encouraging DoJ staff to pursue action against 'illegal' votes; and Mike Pompeo, when asked about helping with the transition, stated that it wouldn't be needed for a transition to the #DictatorDotard's second term!!

Though the evidence suggest that Biden is ahead by more in states like Pennsylvania than the #TrumpaLumpa was in 2016; and that Biden is so far ahead in most disputed States, that even if some votes were actually fraudulent, it still wouldn't impact the overall result.

I would say words fail me...but clearly they don't. Just polite words are a struggle.

Mind you, if I was going to have my debts called in or have to face a number of court cases when I went back to civvy street, I might try to string it out too. Except I wouldn't have got into any of that mess in the first place.

Still beggars belief that 70m people voted for him this time around. Unless some of those were fraudulent votes - I saw a news article where a couple of Florida brothers had requested a mail-in vote...for their dead mother.
Hall of Famer

10 Nov 2020 20:14 pm:

Having watched some swing clips from his w/e of 2 rounds of golf - obviously more important than Covid-19 and/or conceding a very fair election - I would suggest The Donald needs some more time for practising ASAP. Looked like he was killing a snake with his club.........

He and his awful family are making a celebrity-driven mockery of the USA - but is it what nearly half of that country actually deserve ?? ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

10 Nov 2020 20:33 pm:

Deserve? Most certainly not. But a large chunk of them still think it's what they want. :roll:
Senior squad member

10 Nov 2020 23:41 pm:

Def.:-
The United (sic) States of America.
A narrow strip of intelligence on the east coast.
Another narrow strip of intelligence on the west coast.
In between, 65 million idiots.
On the board

11 Nov 2020 10:23 am:

yourrealname wrote:Def.:-
The United (sic) States of America.
A narrow strip of intelligence on the east coast.
Another narrow strip of intelligence on the west coast.
In between, 65 million idiots.

What a beautifully nuanced and intelligent view of the American people. Jesus.
If it's wet, drink it.
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby