O/T - General Politics thread

Vice-Captain

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

26 Nov 2020 12:54 pm:

lovejoy wrote:
Tuffty wrote:Sadly, for me the Tories are the best from a truly rotten bunch.

Voting for a political party today is very much like us having to choose between wearing a B*rf or $aracen$ shirt. :shock:

You just hope that the one you pick will be less bad than the alternatives.

Genuine question - how do you reach that conclusion Tufty, I can see the logic if you are a Brexit voter I suppose but has the performance since the election been of high enough quality to justify support?

The current incumbents are making it very easy for the opposition - the opposition haven't realised it yet which kind of supports Tufty's view.
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
Hall of Famer

26 Nov 2020 14:15 pm:

We've had 10 years now of Tory rule. Does anyone think the country is in a better position than what it was in 2010?
Site Admin

26 Nov 2020 14:34 pm:

COVID aside, yes. I do. But that’s from the view of a well-earning white man of traditionally conservative leaning. I fully understand how other demographics may come to a different opinion.. I also fully accept my views may not turn out to be widely accepted when they write the history books..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

26 Nov 2020 18:08 pm:

The covid economic hit will be used to mask how poorly the Brexit execution has gone (by those who espoused it in 2016).
Site Admin

26 Nov 2020 21:48 pm:

lovejoy wrote:The covid economic hit will be used to mask how poorly the Brexit execution has gone (by those who espoused it in 2016).

I agree. We mustn't be afraid to question and hold our leaders and representatives to account, alongside giving them our clear mandate and support, because COVID and Brexit are the two biggest sinkholes gifted to politicians to throw blame down for years.

I have no doubt that some corruption, a bunch of incompetence and an obscene load of waste (TIMWOODS if LEAN is your thing) will get batted away into the long grass for years to come with the lazy utterance of the words 'COVID' or 'Brexit' by way of explanation..

What hope for engendering trust and hope for the future in the young when the incumbents blunder aimlessly on, making less sense than a middle management bingo-lingo manual, and the opposition couldn't knock the skin off a skin-less rice pudding.

There should also be uproar if it emerges that the usual suspects have made money shorting the British economy during COVID.

Sorry. Rhubarb gin does that to me.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

26 Nov 2020 21:58 pm:

Let's all take comfort from the coming of the 'brexit bounce' we were all promised after the turn of the year! (Another rhubarb gin, probably needed there, SWA).
Site Admin

26 Nov 2020 22:04 pm:

only if you spell brexit 'd-e-a-d.. c-a-t..'
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2020 08:47 am:

Is there a risk that no deal will impact our ability to get access to vaccines?
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2020 10:46 am:

The Covid tier regions don't seem to make sense. For example, Lancaster has a lower infection rate and faster rate of decrease than London yet is in tier 3 whereas London is in tier 2.

27 Nov 2020 11:03 am:

Severus wrote:The Covid tier regions don't seem to make sense. For example, Lancaster has a lower infection rate and faster rate of decrease than London yet is in tier 3 whereas London is in tier 2.

Five key indicators form the basis of the criteria that the government has used to decide which locations are in which tiers:

Case detection rates in all age groups.
Case detection rates in the over-60s.
The rate at which cases are rising or falling.
The number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken, known as positivity rate.
Pressure on the NHS.
aka John Neary
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby