O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

18 Dec 2020 12:20 pm:

The sort of article we should be getting here, Lovejoy. The government was presumably 'pulling together, with all its rich mates with political connection.
"Taken together, about half of that $22 billion went to companies with political connections, no prior experience or histories of controversy."
Hall of Famer

18 Dec 2020 14:38 pm:

When you get away from the fact that fr me to spend £10k at work I need a full 2 stage tender process, due diligence and levels of authority sign off etc. - the real concern is how it is left to a US paper to report this. Where is the UK “free media” challenge? It probably not unconnected that a large part of the press is owned by a cabal of billionaires and the BBC is terrified of further funding cuts. Our standing in the rest of the world is unlikely to recover from this fiasco.
Vice-Captain

18 Dec 2020 14:46 pm:

Maybe you missed the link in the ny times article to the guardian article of 15/11.
Plenty of this had been widely reported by the press (and BBC) since the summer.
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
Hero in the making

18 Dec 2020 17:53 pm:

This info was originally sought out, investigated and reported by the Good Law Project. They are already in court demanding more answers.
Hall of Famer

20 Dec 2020 13:34 pm:

Not much coverage on our national broadcaster or the printed press (Guardian aside), it almost as if we don’t have a free press.
Hall of Famer

22 Dec 2020 14:45 pm:

The PM and Secretary of State for Transport told us yesterday 170 lorries were stuck on motorways in Kent. Brazen lies, brazen yet if the public put up with it they will continue to do it.
For me lying is a red line but I’m surprised how many people are happy to turn a blind eye.
Hall of Famer

22 Dec 2020 15:08 pm:

lovejoy wrote:The PM and Secretary of State for Transport told us yesterday 170 lorries were stuck on motorways in Kent. Brazen lies, brazen yet if the public put up with it they will continue to do it.

Come on Lovejoy, that's true, there were 170 lorries stuck on the motorways in Kent.........

..........and some more :D
Hall of Famer

22 Dec 2020 15:38 pm:

I think George Orwell summed it up best:
“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Hall of Famer

22 Dec 2020 22:25 pm:

Yawn - Do the SWP pay you per word or per minute of your non-stop politicisation of everything ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hero in the making

22 Dec 2020 22:28 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Yawn - Do the SWP pay you per word or per minute of your non-stop politicisation of everything ??

Irony?
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby