O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

23 Dec 2020 00:18 am:

I had to google swp thought it might be safe working practices.

Calling out someone for politicising things on a politics thread is a strange thing to get angry about.
Hall of Famer

23 Dec 2020 08:47 am:

I concur !! Thought same just after posting !! Mea culpa......... ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

23 Dec 2020 10:16 am:

Blimey, if this can happen, we might get a free trade deal yet!
Hall of Famer

24 Dec 2020 17:43 pm:

Can one of the Gloucester Brexit supporters (59% of the city) take us through how the deal benefits the working family compared to being in the EU? Open question, genuinely interested.
Hall of Famer

19 Jan 2021 09:12 am:

I read somewhere Douglas Carswell, ex UKIP MP and leader of Leave campaign, has fled to the US rather than stay to enjoy the Brexit dividend. I'm assuming this is lies otherwise it would make him a massive hyocrite.

19 Jan 2021 09:29 am:

lovejoy wrote:I read somewhere Douglas Carswell, ex UKIP MP and leader of Leave campaign, has fled to the US rather than stay to enjoy the Brexit dividend. I'm assuming this is lies otherwise it would make him a massive hyocrite.

True: https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/01/ ... ssissippi/
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

19 Jan 2021 12:20 pm:

So, genuine question for Brexit supporters. as well as the unanswered one above about what the benefits are for the working families, how do you feel about Brexit leaders leaving the country and living somewhere else whilst the rest of us are living under the Brexit conditions? Is he not a hypocrite?
Hall of Famer

19 Jan 2021 15:55 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Can one of the Gloucester Brexit supporters (59% of the city) take us through how the deal benefits the working family compared to being in the EU? Open question, genuinely interested.

Well, you could have been given the vaccination for Covid :?
On the board

20 Jan 2021 09:51 am:

I’ve been waiting for 4 years to hear someone honestly explain the benefits of brexit to the uk ... all I’ve heard is meaningless crap about “sovereignty” and reclaiming uk waters ... how is that going then ? A lot of effort for an increase of 8% after 5 years ...... the fishermen must have been dancing in the streets ;)
Hall of Famer

20 Jan 2021 11:39 am:

Well, you could have been given the vaccination for Covid
anyway ...

Theoretically any government had the sovereignty to approve the vaccine when the UK did. In practice, breaking ranks was discouraged but we didn't need Brexit to do that.

Had we stayed in maybe the EU vaccination program would have been approved more to our timelines and more lives saved.

Who knows ...
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby