Locking the OT GE thread

Hall of Famer

Locking the OT GE thread

16 Dec 2019 20:36 pm:

Could the mod who locked that thread explain why please?

Apologies SirHenry, I did reply to the points you raised in our brief discussion, but it locked as I replied.
Hall of Famer

Re: Locking the OT GE thread

16 Dec 2019 20:41 pm:

I guess while the election was on it was relevant. Now it is politics discussion and probably best left off this forum. I’m just guessing but in favour to be honest
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

16 Dec 2019 21:14 pm:

Surely it's for the SW users to decide what they do, or do not, want to post about? That can't be the reason.
Formerly Sky blue
Hall of Famer

16 Dec 2019 21:22 pm:

Does seem a touch heavy handed considering everyone was being quite amicable. It's only one thread and as long as everyone is being civilised then shouldn't need to be locked. If people don't like it they are welcome to read and participate in other threads.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

16 Dec 2019 21:28 pm:

Go on . . . who’s going to start the OT GE2 thread?! :D
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
On the board

16 Dec 2019 21:48 pm:

I started the original thread and I’m pleasantly surprised it stayed relatively civil. Those that don’t like off topic threads don’t need to feel obliged to join in and won’t by accident as it’s clearly marked.

Perhaps a new forum like the local rugby one which is for off topic subjects is the answer?
Hall of Famer

16 Dec 2019 21:49 pm:

Thatcher's Britain.
First team regular

16 Dec 2019 21:51 pm:

Or like has been said, if you don’t want to read it, don’t.

I haven’t read it once and it really doesn’t bother me that it’s there.

Actually, I tell a lie. I’ve just read the last page to see if there was a reason it’s been locked but all seems very amicable considering.

And if it’s been locked because the election is over then I agree that’s really heavy handed by the mods. The nature of the site means that when people get bored of it, it’ll soon disappear into the depths of pages on Shedweb.
Last edited by simple84 on 16 Dec 2019 21:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

16 Dec 2019 21:52 pm:

Yet the Winter Wonderland Charity Ball held on November 2 remains?
Hall of Famer

16 Dec 2019 22:10 pm:

Tuffty wrote:Go on . . . who’s going to start the OT GE2 thread?! :D

Sod it, if we can't have a second referendum we can at least have a second thread! #thepeoplesthread :lol:
Keyser Sose
Next

Return to Not Rugby