Caroline Flack

Re: Caroline Flack

covglaws 16 Feb 2020 11:06 am said..

Now there's a thing, a thread about the sad demise of a poor soul who was finding life far too difficult, starts off sympathetically then descends into a spat between a couple of posters. Shedweb at it's finest. :( :roll: Get a grip.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1732  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 16 Feb 2020 11:15 am said..

Moderators ?? Well moderate and delete this thread as it is now rightly on the alternative Non Rugby Forum.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2101  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 16 Feb 2020 11:32 am said..

I thought the job of a moderator was to moderate as he/she sees fit rather than as directed by somebody else.

Personally I see nothing wrong with this thread apart from the childish and unnecessary contributions of the odd poster. If we deleted every thread that contained that sort of thing it would be a very quiet forum!
Lebowski
Dude

Westterracefaithful 16 Feb 2020 11:44 am said..

And how easily the shedweb virtue signallers forget. This woman was about to go on trial for beating her boyfriend. When the police were called by him for his own protection he was covered in blood begging for their help. After the fact he took the classic DV victim stance of taking the blame for the incident. But that’s Ok because...shhh let’s not mention it out of some false sense of ‘respect’.

Does it mean I am happy she died - if course not but would the pity be the same if the boot was on a man’s foot? Unlikely.

Still on main forum where t absolutely shouldn’t be.
WTF as a moniker may, or may not, have been entirely intentional...
Westterracefaithful
Vice-Captain

NorthernShedHead 16 Feb 2020 12:10 pm said..

Westterracefaithful wrote:And how easily the shedweb virtue signallers forget. This woman was about to go on trial for beating her boyfriend. When the police were called by him for his own protection he was covered in blood begging for their help. After the fact he took the classic DV victim stance of taking the blame for the incident. But that’s Ok because...shhh let’s not mention it out of some false sense of ‘respect’.

Does it mean I am happy she died - if course not but would the pity be the same if the boot was on a man’s foot? Unlikely.

It'll stay on the main thread page until there are more topics added above it. You'll notice even with continued responses it doesn't move to the top of the main forum and also has an icon with an arrow next to thread title showing it's moved.

Regards, the rest of your post... no one is condoning the DV case and can still comment on the passing of a young woman who clearly saw no other way out of whatever struggles she was experiencing.
Last edited by NorthernShedHead on 16 Feb 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthernShedHead
Hero in the making

NorthernShedHead 16 Feb 2020 12:15 pm said..

Also, sad to note that Danny seemingly missed a call from her on friday evening whilst playing in C&W
https://twitter.com/DannyCipriani87/sta ... 51971?s=19

I've no doubt the club will be doing all they can for Danny in the coming days/weeks
NorthernShedHead
Hero in the making

Paddy 16 Feb 2020 12:20 pm said..

I hope he gets all the help he needs whilst he is grieving.
Paddy
Senior squad member

DieTrying 16 Feb 2020 12:31 pm said..

Westterracefaithful wrote:And how easily the shedweb virtue signallers forget. This woman was about to go on trial for beating her boyfriend. When the police were called by him for his own protection he was covered in blood begging for their help. After the fact he took the classic DV victim stance of taking the blame for the incident. But that’s Ok because...shhh let’s not mention it out of some false sense of ‘respect’.

It's on the non rugby forum. However if you're settings are set to "view all active topics", you'll see it when a new post is added.
DieTrying

ryno_chelt 16 Feb 2020 12:35 pm said..

Rather than delete and/or move this thread. I was thinking of creating another.

What can we do to support Danny during this time? Is there anything we can collectively do as a fan club to let him know we are thinking of him?

I imagine he will miss the Irish game (which is very rugby related)
ryno_chelt
On the board

Gloucester Mute 16 Feb 2020 12:47 pm said..

I am sure that GRFC will sort out any DC involvement without our input. They have a duty of care.

To me this totally explains why sportspeople (and many,many others) should totally keep away from the evil/poison that is social media (and instant-access related IT).

Sadly CF will not be the last "celebrity" to get dragged into the abyss via this incredibly grubby medium.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2101  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby