Swing Low No More?

Re: Swing Low No More?

Lebowski 03 Jul 2020 19:04 pm said..

Well that was democratic. A couple of people who aren’t interested in the thread say move it and it’s moved.

As I said, if you’re not interested don’t click on it. Hardly rocket science.

Pretty disappointed tbh DT.
Lebowski
Dude

Sheddy Mcshedface 03 Jul 2020 19:09 pm said..

I don't think it's a case of being not interested but rather acknowledging that the thread has moved into the "any other business" category.

It's like when a TV program moves from BBC2 to BBC1. It's still available for you to read and contribute.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

DieTrying 03 Jul 2020 19:39 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Well that was democratic. A couple of people who aren’t interested in the thread say move it and it’s moved.

As I said, if you’re not interested don’t click on it. Hardly rocket science.

Pretty disappointed tbh DT.

Leb: It's not Rugby any more and so the Not Rugby Forum is the right place for it. However if you set your feed to "View active topics", like I do, you just see the different threads.
DieTrying
aka John Neary

NorthernShedHead 03 Jul 2020 20:06 pm said..

Leb, I certainly am interested in the thread - having contributed! I'd also say it wasn't really an unreasonable request!

The thread has completely moved off topic from swing low and rugby to in fighting about whether racism is prevalent in the UK and the validity of the BLM movement!
NorthernShedHead
On the board

Lebowski 03 Jul 2020 20:29 pm said..

All reasonable points and I don’t disagree with any of you. :D

Personally I prefer everything on the main page and people to just use the ‘not click on it’ function, but I accept I’m probably in the minority.
Lebowski
Dude

DieTrying 03 Jul 2020 22:27 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:All reasonable points and I don’t disagree with any of you. :D

Personally I prefer everything on the main page and people to just use the ‘not click on it’ function, but I accept I’m probably in the minority.

As I said and for others who may not realise: If you hit the "view Active topics line", which is at the top of every page, you don't need the 4 x Forum list, as you'll see all active threads from all forums. Then on each thread, hit the little square to the right of the Red Highlighted Thread "circle" to see all the post you haven't read. This will show all active threads for the time period you have set in your User profile. If you have shedweb forums set up as a tab in Chrome or Edge etc, do the above and for Chrome go to settings, then on start up, check the "open a page or set of pages", then current. On Edge, it's similar.
DieTrying
aka John Neary

Baldhead2 04 Jul 2020 11:01 am said..

The thread was obviously on topic for the vast majority of posts.

Swing low (Rugby related) was the subject and it’s relevance in today’s society against a background of racism and prejudice that still exists in our society today.

Sorry gents but by sidelining it you’ve in effect stuck your fingers in your ears and closed your eyes and trivialised an important topic, which could easily be seen as a very white don’t rock the boat, let’s keep the status quo and who cares anyway response sadly.

Far better to have left the thread alone and let it exhaust itself like any other thread.
Baldhead2
Senior squad member

Baldhead2 06 Jul 2020 21:00 pm said..

Baldhead2
Senior squad member

JamesK 08 Jul 2020 10:09 am said..

Powerful stuff from Michael Holding and others being said in place of the cricket on Sky.
JamesK
On the board
Previous

Return to Not Rugby