Swing Low No More?

Re: Swing Low No More?

colinboag 03 Jul 2020 11:05 am said..

Rollo has it right. I think people are much more likely to 'be kind' if they're using their real names.
colinboag
Hall of Famer
Cherchez la truffe

JamesK 03 Jul 2020 11:08 am said..

In my opinion, posts like Lewi's above are not suited to a rugby forum but if people do post these things they are going to draw responses.
JamesK
On the board

Lewi7 03 Jul 2020 11:16 am said..

Best you go and find a mirror JamesK, a large one.
Lewi7
Posts: 3971  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?

shawnsheep 03 Jul 2020 11:18 am said..

How would you know they are their real names.

This is the only social media I post on and if I had to use my real name, I would no longer post.

Its one reason I never sign on-line petitions, you never know who will use that information later on and bite you in the arse.
shawnsheep

Severus 03 Jul 2020 11:24 am said..

Lewi7 wrote:Totally agree JamesK - even when it's your own views that are often just that, views.

I saw a photo yesterday of 2 US Police Officers, one black, one white - standing with the palm of their hands next to each other showing "his life matters" with an arrow pointing to each other - I thought it was / is spot.

It's the accusation that by not taking a knee you are by default racist; or that if one doesn't support / promote BLM you are racist. Then there are the hypocrites, I include Lewis Hamilton in this bracket. He's had every opportunity and taken them, and done exceptionally well at his chosen sport and financially. But to espouse his views about race & slavery whilst wearing a Mercedes and Hugo Boss clothes to promote those brands as part of his contractual obligations for which he is handsomely paid doesn't sit well.

I'll reiterate, many jumped on the BLM bandwagon, to politicise it and serve their own agenda's, without understanding what it actually stands for, now they have a clearer picture they are back tracking big time from celebs, politicians, sports people etc.

To answer the question as to where the funding is coming from - there are multiple sources, but with a common agenda, to create anarchy. destroy capitalism completely, remove any semblance of law & order. Extinction Rebellion has a similar funding source. Just need to research and dig.

Wake up sheeple, eh?
Severus
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 03 Jul 2020 11:39 am said..

I was against it previously as it was, somewhat, rugby related but I would support this thread being moved to the non Rugby portion of the site now it has clearly moved away from the original thread topic.
NorthernShedHead
On the board

Lurker 03 Jul 2020 11:45 am said..

I prefer it when we just argue about rugby - no place on this Forum for polictics or religeon, as no matter how polite (or not) people try to be, someone will get upset with what has been posted.
Lurker
Hall of Famer
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle

Tj36 03 Jul 2020 11:52 am said..

Lewi7 wrote:Totally agree JamesK - even when it's your own views that are often just that, views.

I saw a photo yesterday of 2 US Police Officers, one black, one white - standing with the palm of their hands next to each other showing "his life matters" with an arrow pointing to each other - I thought it was / is spot.

It's the accusation that by not taking a knee you are by default racist; or that if one doesn't support / promote BLM you are racist. Then there are the hypocrites, I include Lewis Hamilton in this bracket. He's had every opportunity and taken them, and done exceptionally well at his chosen sport and financially. But to espouse his views about race & slavery whilst wearing a Mercedes and Hugo Boss clothes to promote those brands as part of his contractual obligations for which he is handsomely paid doesn't sit well.

I'll reiterate, many jumped on the BLM bandwagon, to politicise it and serve their own agenda's, without understanding what it actually stands for, now they have a clearer picture they are back tracking big time from celebs, politicians, sports people etc.

To answer the question as to where the funding is coming from - there are multiple sources, but with a common agenda, to create anarchy. destroy capitalism completely, remove any semblance of law & order. Extinction Rebellion has a similar funding source. Just need to research and dig.

Well said Lewi7
Tj36

Sheddy Mcshedface 03 Jul 2020 11:59 am said..

Lewi how come you keep talking about "where the money comes from" but when asked to elaborate we have to do the research?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

MarcusRann 03 Jul 2020 12:14 pm said..

I'd be happy to use my real name but people don't tend to take me seriously

Yours sincerely

Dick Scratcher.

Ps spare a thought for my sister Fanny
MarcusRann
Hero in the making
PreviousNext