Swing Low No More?

Re: Swing Low No More?

JamesK 03 Jul 2020 12:32 pm said..

Lewi7 wrote:Best you go and find a mirror JamesK, a large one.

No Lewi. I only post about politics to counter the misinformation that is appearing on this site. If the misinformation stops then I’ll stop.
JamesK
On the board

upton dc 03 Jul 2020 12:34 pm said..

You need to be careful Marcus. This is what happens when you have a ‘lude ’ aka.

https://youtu.be/FeNJFz-WCZs
upton dc
On the board
Panache et Precision

shawnsheep 03 Jul 2020 13:35 pm said..

upton dc 03 Jul 2020 13:34 pm said..

You need to be careful Marcus. This is what happens when you have a ‘lude ’ aka.

He was quite literally a knob and she was looking for trouble, they deserve each other.
shawnsheep

Russglos 03 Jul 2020 14:19 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Lewi how come you keep talking about "where the money comes from" but when asked to elaborate we have to do the research?

Main funding from the Ford Foundation I believe. That well known hotbed of Marxism.
Russglos
Hero in the making

upton dc 03 Jul 2020 14:54 pm said..

shawnsheep wrote:
upton dc 03 Jul 2020 13:34 pm said..

He was quite literally a knob and she was looking for trouble, they deserve each other.

He was a fund raiser for a charity that rescued his daughter from the depths of despair whilst drug-taking.
upton dc
On the board
Panache et Precision

Gloucester Mute 03 Jul 2020 15:20 pm said..

NorthernShedHead wrote:I was against it previously as it was, somewhat, rugby related but I would support this thread being moved to the non Rugby portion of the site now it has clearly moved away from the original thread topic.

+1 - it is totally OT now. Someone who can please do it ASAP.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2629  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Lebowski 03 Jul 2020 17:46 pm said..

I’m not sure it’s really gone off topic that much since it was always a political thread and always about the BLM movement. If people don’t want to read it they can always not click on it. :o
Lebowski
Dude

Baldhead2 03 Jul 2020 17:46 pm said..

The topic was about swing low and whether it should still be sung, given its links to slavery.

The decent response imho is no it shouldn’t, more appropriate and heart lifting songs exist and can be written.

Too many posts in this thread intentionally or through ignorance, are aimed at maintaining the status quo. Keeping the status quo though means no progress, the bias against Black people continues.

Now I expect a few to kick off, how dare I say that but those who do are proving my point. If though you feel the need to discuss the extent of change necessary, to reach a point BLM, accepting changes are needed then that’s a reasonable response and we should welcome and enter positively into that debate.
Baldhead2
Senior squad member

Tump 03 Jul 2020 17:57 pm said..

This thread is now in the wrong place. No doubt.
Tump
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 03 Jul 2020 18:21 pm said..

Moved.
DieTrying
aka John Neary
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby