Ashes in Oz 2021 - anyone been before?

Hall of Famer

Ashes in Oz 2021 - anyone been before?

21 Jul 2020 10:38 am:

Assuming Covid- 19 allows it to happen Mrs Pants and I are considering going. Would prefer to do it independently but suspect the tickets will linked to buying a tour. Have tried to do some web research but I can find no info on tour prices, getting tickets independently or how the tour companies compare. Although I have found out Barmy Army travel use Gullivers Sports Travel for their branded tours. Would go for Melbourne and Sydney tests as a minimum but we might do the whole tour too. Any advice?
Hall of Famer

Re: Ashes in Oz 2021 - anyone been before?

21 Jul 2020 18:08 pm:

Clive, The Barmy Army has a web site with a Forum, it may be worth posting your question there?
Hall of Famer

21 Jul 2020 20:17 pm:

Thanks Chalker. I did find that forum this morning but as there was only three pages of threads and hardly any activity I decide not to - will give it a go though as it is only as quiet as this ‘not rugby’ corner of Shedweb :?
Hall of Famer

23 Jul 2020 16:04 pm:

CP, I've asked a relation in Sydney for any advice for you on getting tickets locally. Will let you know in due course.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

23 Jul 2020 16:22 pm:

CP, not too much help but he says flights currently limited to Ozzie residents only and thinking this will continue to end of this year and possible into early next.
Look at Cricket Australia official site which has recent interview with CEO on current problems comparing other sports situation
. Obvious interested in outcome and experience of current Eng v WI.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

23 Jul 2020 16:24 pm:

Thanks GlawsyD. I'm waiting to be allowed to post on the Barmy Army forum. If I find anything out I'll post it on this thread as I can not believe I'll be the only Shedwebber thinking of going.

Return to Not Rugby