Bye Big Chief

Senior squad member

Bye Big Chief

29 Jul 2020 16:31 pm:

Exeter Chiefs to keep the name Chiefs but retire their mascot ‘Big Chief’.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53587404
Hall of Famer

Re: Bye Big Chief

29 Jul 2020 16:39 pm:

Judging by the club’s statement they discussed this in detail and took guidance from a variety of sources and came to an informed decision. Hopefully that will put the issue to bed.
Hall of Famer

29 Jul 2020 16:51 pm:

I can’t see this going quiet if the badge remains. Will the grown men playing fancy dress and their awful chants and drumming stop also?
Senior squad member

29 Jul 2020 19:21 pm:

Just an ill-thought out fudge really - how does ditching the mascot yet keeping the branding make sense? Unless the cost of replacing all the branded kit and merchandise........
Hall of Famer

29 Jul 2020 19:53 pm:

Sticking plaster over a serious wound. They’ve really done nothing. I find that disappointing from a club that usually gets things right.
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hall of Famer

29 Jul 2020 20:18 pm:

TP17 wrote:I can’t see this going quiet if the badge remains. Will the grown men playing fancy dress and their awful chants and drumming stop also?

Surely they’ve got to stop that nonsense now the mascot has been retired.
Hero in the making

29 Jul 2020 21:57 pm:

Allen Prior wrote:Sticking plaster over a serious wound. They’ve really done nothing. I find that disappointing from a club that usually gets things right.

Yep. They had an opportunity to follow the changes made by Washington in the NFL but have completely missed it. So tone deaf.
First team regular

29 Jul 2020 22:18 pm:

‘Brave’ decision...
Hall of Famer

30 Jul 2020 06:13 am:

As a matter of interest what is happening about the chant?
Vice-Captain

30 Jul 2020 07:20 am:

Ferret wrote:As a matter of interest what is happening about the chant?

I would imagine that a small minority will want it stopped and the vast majority will want it to continue, which based on the current society trend, probably means it will be stopped....
Next

Return to Not Rugby