Bye Big Chief

Hero in the making

Re: Bye Big Chief

30 Jul 2020 21:07 pm:

Great post Leb.
I agree, it's probably only a matter of time before Exeter make the decision to lose the Native American association, for which I have never understood the rationale. (I presume you meant cultural appropriation , Leb, not approbation?)
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
Hero in the making

30 Jul 2020 21:26 pm:

I thought that this was an interesting perspective:

https://twitter.com/annie_banaynay/stat ... 28545?s=19

Apologies to those that don't do Twitter.
Vice-Captain

30 Jul 2020 23:10 pm:

The solution is simple and doesn’t involve major changes to the current branding
1) Remove the ‘i’ from ‘Chiefs’ ——Exeter Chefs
2) Modify Indian headdress into a chef hat.
3) Issue STHs with replica hats and ask them to continue hogging the halfway line in the Shed so those behind can’t see.
4) Continue that infernal chant since also used in spaghetti westerns.
5) Reinstate mascot as Gordon Ramsay lookalike.
6) Arrange celeb chefs to sponsor each shirt. 15 already reserved by J Oliver in memory of his restaurant. He wants to sponsor expensive Scottish Hog. P Vickery in line for No 3.

As Napoleon said, to win wars an army marches on its stomach....
Dude

31 Jul 2020 06:47 am:

Optimist - yes! Lol.
Vice-Captain

31 Jul 2020 07:22 am:

Richard Littlejohn sums it up...
https://mol.im/a/8578407
Hall of Famer

31 Jul 2020 07:45 am:

MartynWestBerks wrote:Richard Littlejohn sums it up...
https://mol.im/a/8578407

What a completely out of touch and unsympathetic article. The author clearly doesn’t (or doesn’t want to) understand the issues at hand, I was half expecting him to blame the Communists. This type of garbage is harmful, no surprise it’s in the Mail.
Hall of Famer

31 Jul 2020 08:08 am:

Some people have different opinions, and like to express them. Rather like you have.
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

31 Jul 2020 08:19 am:

It's an article taken from the Daily Mail. It was hardly likely to have been a balanced and nuanced piece of journalism, was it?!
Senior squad member

31 Jul 2020 08:30 am:

yourrealname wrote:The solution is simple and doesn’t involve major changes to the current branding
1) Remove the ‘i’ from ‘Chiefs’ ——Exeter Chefs
2) Modify Indian headdress into a chef hat.
3) Issue STHs with replica hats and ask them to continue hogging the halfway line in the Shed so those behind can’t see.
4) Continue that infernal chant since also used in spaghetti westerns.
5) Reinstate mascot as Gordon Ramsay lookalike.
6) Arrange celeb chefs to sponsor each shirt. 15 already reserved by J Oliver in memory of his restaurant. He wants to sponsor expensive Scottish Hog. P Vickery in line for No 3.

As Napoleon said, to win wars an army marches on its stomach....

I live in Exeter and a few years back my mum came down to visit us. She announced on arrival that she had seen on the way that the Chefs were playing that day, and ever since that is what they have been called in our house!
Site Admin

31 Jul 2020 08:33 am:

Bikini
Bikini
Bikini
Dead celebrity
Royal idiots telling us they're rich
Ellen getting found out
Semi naked woman doing diet
Rihannas bottom
Bikini

Sorry, I was just reading the column of shame, I couldn't bring myself to read littlejohn's out of touch bile. And I'm a tory! I think..

Interesting to see that it's reckoned that a re-brand would cost them in excess of £1M..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby