Bye Big Chief

Hero in the making

Re: Bye Big Chief

23 Aug 2020 13:37 pm:

I tell you where it will hopefully end GM. It will end in a world where we accept, respect and value each individual for what they are . In addition we will recognise that history still carries a painful heritage for some groups. I just don’t see how that can be contentious.
West is best
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 13:38 pm:

SirHenry wrote:
Where will it end ??

Golf becoming more inclusive? Heaven forbid!!

Totally and all for that. Stinchcombe GC admits all-comers. But changing the name/format of The Masters ??

Does sometime appear to me that the BBC won't be happy until there is 100% female/BAME domination of it's airwaves/channels along with regional accents BUT I guess you could say "fair enough" when looking back in history when the BBC was male, pale Oxbridge !! ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 13:42 pm:

Herefordpropforward wrote:I tell you where it will hopefully end GM. It will end in a world where we accept, respect and value each individual for what they are . In addition we will recognise that history still carries a painful heritage for some groups. I just don’t see how that can be contentious.

I readily mix with Germans, Japanese and Italians HPF. Despite having family and friends who died/were wounded at their hands within the last 100 yrs.

I totally agree that we must forgive and forget BUT how far back do you feel we should sensibly go ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 13:54 pm:

Almost 1000 years if you include the French.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 14:34 pm:

The French (and Spaniards) were happily killing Brits a lot less than 500 yrs ago.

And I have completely forgiven all their descendants and happily travel to their countries and buy their goods. Ditto Japanese goods despite their barbarity in the POW camps. And German goods. It wasn't nice at the time at all, and it's in our history and we should all learn from that history using common-sense.
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 15:12 pm:

The BBC hates AngloSaxon heterosexual males, British history, customs and heritage. They are so woke l can’t watch a lot of their programmes and Points West seems particularly bad.
I have always paid my dues, but l am sorely tempted to give the TV licence a miss as they seem to flout their obligation to be impartial and to broadcast programmes for their entire audience. They seem to concentrate on targeting a minority of their audience.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 15:36 pm:

Out of interest why do you think their descendents need your forgivence?
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 15:44 pm:

Wrong word - should be more like understanding/not blaming them for their forebears' acts. But not forgotten/erased from history.
On the board

23 Aug 2020 15:50 pm:

The French and Spaniards were happily killing Brits 500 years ago...

The Americans were killing Brits more recently... (And Germans and Japanese as Mute rightly points out...)

And the Zulus... don’t forget...

But then we were killing them too...

Oh I forgot!!! The psychopaths and maladjusted...they‘ve killed Brits too...

I can’t believe that this path is being trod again.

Peace and Love to all men eh? ... The 1 recent post that makes sense (thanks HPF) seems to have been soundly ignored?!
Hall of Famer

23 Aug 2020 15:56 pm:

Sorry. I will shut up. Wasn't trying to offend anyone. Thought it was a forum.........
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby