Bye Big Chief

Vice-Captain

Re: Bye Big Chief

31 Jul 2020 08:33 am:

Not a Mail reader but in total agreement with Littlejohn
Hall of Famer

31 Jul 2020 09:05 am:

Nobody reads the Mail. I wonder how they keep going.
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

31 Jul 2020 09:08 am:

Madders I think it’s similar to the last US elections where no one was voting for Trump. :D
Site Admin

31 Jul 2020 09:09 am:

They were early into digital delivery (well, for the newspapers anyway), and have sustained and grown an audience through that.. The ad revenue is what keeps them profitable.

People don't read the mail, but they do look at the pictures.. :)
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

31 Jul 2020 09:12 am:

They also have a very good click bait engine on Facebook to sucker people in ..

I just reflect how serendipitous it is that Gloucester decided not to go down the road of such faux marketing.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
On a trial

31 Jul 2020 09:49 am:

Hi, first time poster. Thought you might be interested to know how the Native American people feel about it.
https://youtu.be/4JC58UYeaBs
Hero in the making

31 Jul 2020 09:59 am:

Moss wrote:Not a Mail reader but in total agreement with Littlejohn

Agreeing with an out of touch, harmful and disrespectful article. Oof.
Vice-Captain

31 Jul 2020 10:06 am:

Personally, i don't think the term 'Chief' should be removed from Exeter but i think an effort over the coming years should be made to remove the native american branding. Exeter can still be the Chiefs but get rid of their current brand images.

The Waikato Chiefs are probably a good example of how it should be with branding focused on their own history.

Exeter could revert to a medieval chieftain that existed pre the formation of England by Alfred in 800s or the Chieftain tank that was the main tank for the British Army in the 20th Century. The tank has a certain relevance to their forward pack!
Dude

31 Jul 2020 10:18 am:

Kernowman wrote:Hi, first time poster. Thought you might be interested to know how the Native American people feel about it.
https://youtu.be/4JC58UYeaBs

How some Native Americans feel about it.

Ec1ABmhX0AMPAN0.png

How some others feel.
On the board

31 Jul 2020 11:00 am:

I do take exception to the Littlejohn article. Why is it that any change that arises out of decency and respect is branded as a left wing plot? Left and right are outdated concepts anyway and the home of those with poor insight. Our current Chancellor is launching Keynesian type policies and our blessed leader says it’s our New Deal. So on the left/right continuum - where do you place these two? Come on let’s show respect for all groups.
West is best
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby