Good news from Dursley, not long to go now —-

Vice-Captain

Re: Good news from Dursley, not long to go now —-

11 Aug 2020 11:04 am:

CMGC wrote:FWIW I will be delighted to see GM back. Personally I would not have banned him but there you go. Variety is the spice and I see plenty of other comments on here which are far ruder and seem to be accepted. vive la difference and long live tolerance.

+1, +2, Amen, Hallelujah, etc, etc, etc...
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

11 Aug 2020 11:37 am:

I don't think accusing GM of ignorance is apt at all, if fact, where rugby is involved. I'd say the exact opposite is the case. He may very well have some rather outmoded views in other areas, mind. A generational thing.

His subtlety and diplomacy skills, however, would not have earned him a long and distinguished career in the Diplomatic Corps, I suspect. ;)
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Hall of Famer

11 Aug 2020 12:43 pm:

covglaws wrote:I don't think accusing GM of ignorance is apt at all, if fact, where rugby is involved. I'd say the exact opposite is the case. He may very well have some rather outmoded views in other areas, mind. A generational thing.

His subtlety and diplomacy skills, however, would not have earned him a long and distinguished career in the Diplomatic Corps, I suspect. ;)

I wasn’t referring to his rugby knowledge which I’m happy to say surpasses my own.
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 10:31 am:

Back and tail certainly not between my legs - it was a harsh punishment BUT taken on the chin as it must in sport.

I have carefully gone through the offending thread and clearly identified the 5 individuals who overly-pushed their woke agenda and turned the ref's head and helped him make up his mind. Their cards are marked - and one has already suffered the Curse of Mute and pleasingly left the party. Mr Glaws Rocker and his pinko liberal views will not be missed IMVHO.

Thank you to the 27 PMs from old (and new) ShedWebbers and their comments of support/unity. I was electronically banned from replying to each one individually. Your support meant a lot - and said a lot to me about team-mates.
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 15 Aug 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 10:31 am:

Part 2:

Onwards and upwards - and God forbid that "taking the knee" and (fascist) BLM-related gestures take centre-stage away from a Glorious George's Glawster return today.

John

PS : Any news from our Superfan CEO re. the training facilities we are donating towards ?? He seems to be very quiet about them whilst taking our hard-earned.

PPS : Shedhead was a much welcome tonic during my imposed-Lockdown.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 10:34 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I have carefully gone through the offending thread and clearly identified the 5 individuals who overly-pushed their woke agenda and turned the ref's head and helped him make up his mind. Their cards are marked .

:lol: :roll: :roll:
Hero in the making

15 Aug 2020 10:46 am:

Welcome back GM. I'm looking forward to reading more of your knowledgeable and thought provoking posts!
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
Vice-Captain

15 Aug 2020 10:51 am:

Not being funny, but your deliberately provocative and borderline racist posts weren’t missed either. I have little doubt that the tenor of some of your posts on here often dissuade others from contributing.

It’s odd how those who most vociferously seek to justify their occasionally offensive taradiddle as “free speech” are quickest to condemn others who don’t fall within in their own narrow mindset.

Anyway, Live and let live. If that puts me on someones rather childish hit list, then I guess I’ll just have to grin and bear it.

(Edit-unless of course your first post was intended ironically, in which case my Bad...)
Hero in the making

15 Aug 2020 12:26 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Part 2:

Onwards and upwards - and God forbid that "taking the knee" and (fascist) BLM-related gestures take centre-stage away from a Glorious George's Glawster return today.

John

PS : Any news from our Superfan CEO re. the training facilities we are donating towards ?? He seems to be very quiet about them whilst taking our hard-earned.

PPS : Shedhead was a much welcome tonic during my imposed-Lockdown.

:roll:
Hero in the making
Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

15 Aug 2020 12:31 pm:

Welcome back GM, we either have free speech or we don't IMVHO. There is always a caveat with these things like a responsibility to use free speech wisely and considerately.
I only go down on one knee to, a) ask my wife to marry me, b) receive a knighthood from my Monarch c) pay respect to the fallen on 11/11. So far 2 from 3 but I live in hope......
Now, RUGBY.......!
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby