Good news from Dursley, not long to go now —-

Re: Good news from Dursley, not long to go now —-

10 Aug 2020 22:06 pm:

I don't think Mute flounced off....in fairness he accepted that he may have said something within the earshot of the referee and the officials gave an appropriate sanction (in the mid range ;) ) and as the sportsman, he no doubt is, the sanction was taken....I'm sure the pitch will be a better place with him back on in the second half, challenging the obvious and not accepting the norm.....

only a few days to go....hope the doctor is on the ward and he doesn't have to wait for the pharmacy to deliver the meds before he's allowed Holm......
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

10 Aug 2020 23:30 pm:

colinboag wrote:Excellent news, Captain, I'm sure he's a changed man ;)

In the same way that Senator Susan Collins keeps thinking the TrumpaLumpa has learned his lesson?

I wouldn't have Mr Mute any other way - I am capable of ignoring his and others different view of the world.
Hero in the making
Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

11 Aug 2020 07:30 am:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I don't think Mute flounced off....in fairness he accepted that he may have said something within the earshot of the referee and the officials gave an appropriate sanction (in the mid range ;) ) and as the sportsman, he no doubt is, the sanction was taken....I'm sure the pitch will be a better place with him back on in the second half, challenging the obvious and not accepting the norm.....

only a few days to go....hope the doctor is on the ward and he doesn't have to wait for the pharmacy to deliver the meds before he's allowed Holm......

Brilliant...!
This is how I see GM, challenging certain things and not accepting others 'because they are like that'.........

11 Aug 2020 08:28 am:

FWIW I will be delighted to see GM back. Personally I would not have banned him but there you go. Variety is the spice and I see plenty of other comments on here which are far ruder and seem to be accepted. vive la difference and long live tolerance.
Hall of Famer

11 Aug 2020 08:33 am:

Paul Simmons wrote:
Correct. They’ve been much more respectful and less fractious. As they were when he flounced off previously.

I hope we get a more respectful and considerate Mute back.

Good to hear that he is well.

+1
Hall of Famer

11 Aug 2020 09:20 am:

CMGC wrote:FWIW I will be delighted to see GM back. Personally I would not have banned him but there you go. Variety is the spice and I see plenty of other comments on here which are far ruder and seem to be accepted. vive la difference and long live tolerance.

+1
Hall of Famer

11 Aug 2020 09:54 am:

+1
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

11 Aug 2020 10:02 am:

vitesse wrote:Brilliant...!
This is how I see GM, challenging certain things and not accepting others 'because they are like that'.........

The problem is with Mute is that he challenges some things from a position of ignorance. It’s always good to question the status quo but such questions must come from a basis of knowledge.

11 Aug 2020 10:15 am:

...and unfortunately his tenor can be slightly 'abrahasive'...whereas the rest of us are perfect :D :D :D
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

11 Aug 2020 10:26 am:

Surely we are all ignorant and only become enlightened by challenge and questions, providing the correct answer is the problem.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby