Good news from Dursley, not long to go now —-

On the board

Re: Good news from Dursley, not long to go now —-

15 Aug 2020 15:41 pm:

I didn't see the irony in your comments John. If you really didn't mean to be unkind and unpleasant you might want to think about ways to write that can't be construed as such.

Making disparaging comments and then saying that you were only joking is a well documented bullying behaviour and is best avoided.
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 16:18 pm:

Apologies....could anyone who thinks I've bullied them please get in contact.... I'm happy for conversation and argument ....but please let me know where I've bullied anyone....I'm horrified at that perception. Quite happy to apologise unreservedly.[/quote]

Calling you a bully is equally ridiculous. Its a term that shouldn't be trotted out willy nilly by anyone without clear justification.
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

15 Aug 2020 16:25 pm:

SIBARITE wrote:King Prawn - "Disappointed in GMs first post ....threatening folk....thought he was bigger than that....Maybe just the bully many folk think after all."

Pot and kettle come to mind.

Perception is an interesting thing isn't it? The difference between actual meaning and the way you read the written words. I probably have the advantage over you in that I know KPB personally and I can tell you that you would have to go a long way to find someone less bullylike. Although I'm also quite sure he's perfectly capable of defending himself on here.

Now can the silly playground name calling end please.

Note to KPB -Cheques and folding stuff both acceptable BTW :D
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 16:32 pm:

Please don’t feed the goat.
On the board

15 Aug 2020 16:39 pm:

Time to stop reading ShedWeb again..... so sad :(
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 16:41 pm:

Wow !! Just read the comments following my ironic first post back. Some people need to lighten up a little and not take themselves so incredibly seriously ;)

Admin - The figure of 27 "personal messages" was FYI via your organ, private email and phone/text. BTW I find it slightly disturbing that you read people's PMs. The clue is surely in the term "personal" - I won't be sending anymore for you to spy on !! Is that in the T&Cs ??

Would like to say it's a pleasure to be back BUT from some of the tripe written may be best to stay away from the SW onanists for ever ??

"Bully", "racist", "threatening" and "disgrace" - really ?? Really ??

Rugby, GRFC and rugby-related only from now on. PROMISE. And how long before being yellow-carded again simply because it goes against another individual's view ??
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 15 Aug 2020 16:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 16:46 pm:

This is really childish from all parties. Such a shame after a great return to rugby this weekend
Hall of Famer

15 Aug 2020 17:02 pm:

I was only joking too.

Welcome Back.

Hope you spotted the irony.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Vice-Captain

15 Aug 2020 17:32 pm:

SirHenry wrote:I was only joking too.

Welcome Back.

Hope you spotted the irony.

No I didn't. Maybe sarcasm.

15 Aug 2020 17:49 pm:

Tumpy+1 wrote:Time to stop reading ShedWeb again..... so sad :(

I’m with you there....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby