Premier players taking the knee

Re: Premier players taking the knee

TheOptimistSenior 20 Aug 2020 10:30 am said..

Thanks Leb. That clarifies it and makes sense.
TheOptimistSenior
Hero in the making
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.

Baldhead2 21 Aug 2020 07:12 am said..

I personally see great value in the principles of BLM and importantly its impact on society in a wider context.

Imho there is no decent or moral reason for not supporting the actions by anyone to support BLM and as consequence I see no reason to bicker and critique its values its structure or how individauls choose to express it. That negative mindset says more about the person taking that negative or dismissive view than BLM.
Baldhead2
Senior squad member

Gloucester Mute 24 Aug 2020 17:24 pm said..

Oh dear, dear dear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53895191

I also question the regularity of this kneeling movement compared to just 2 minutes on 11/11 when our country goes silent to commemorate and remember all those who lost their lives for their country/Empire in the 2 World Wars and all other subsequent military actions. It does seem somewhat out of kilter to me..........
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2629  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Baldhead2 05 Sep 2020 22:03 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Oh dear, dear dear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53895191

I also question the regularity of this kneeling movement compared to just 2 minutes on 11/11 when our country goes silent to commemorate and remember all those who lost their lives for their country/Empire in the 2 World Wars and all other subsequent military actions. It does seem somewhat out of kilter to me..........

And I question your lack of empathy, I’m sure if roles were reversed you’d be the first to do what you often do ....complain .
Baldhead2
Senior squad member

Gloucester Mute 06 Sep 2020 10:20 am said..

Baldhead - genuine questions for you.

How long would you want this kneeling "fad" in English rugby/sport to continue for ?? For ever ?? Do you want supporters to join in ?? What about those who refuse (for whatever reasons) to "join in" ?? Is BLM the right political grouping to follow ?? Do you want the "custom" to extend throughout all levels of sport in this country ?? Do you actually believe there is racism in rugby ??
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

Severus 06 Sep 2020 13:25 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Baldhead - genuine questions for you.

How long would you want this kneeling "fad" in English rugby/sport to continue for ?? For ever ?? Do you want supporters to join in ?? What about those who refuse (for whatever reasons) to "join in" ?? Is BLM the right political grouping to follow ?? Do you want the "custom" to extend throughout all levels of sport in this country ?? Do you actually believe there is racism in rugby ??

I don't think the kneeling will last forever and I hope that it doesn't as it will start to lose its effectiveness. The issues aren't going to be rectified overnight which may take years or even decades, but it will have served the purpose of creating awareness about the disadvantages that POC deal with in modern society.
Severus
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 06 Sep 2020 13:59 pm said..

Severus wrote:The issues aren't going to be rectified overnight which may take years or even decades

Let's hope not with the state of my knees :?
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Severus 06 Sep 2020 19:10 pm said..

:lol:
Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
Severus wrote:The issues aren't going to be rectified overnight which may take years or even decades

Let's hope not with the state of my knees :?

:lol:
Severus
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 07 Sep 2020 11:37 am said..

Severus wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Baldhead - genuine questions for you.

I don't think the kneeling will last forever and I hope that it doesn't as it will start to lose its effectiveness. The issues aren't going to be rectified overnight which may take years or even decades, but it will have served the purpose of creating awareness about the disadvantages that POC deal with in modern society.

Exactly and the fight for equality in society can't just be dismissed as a fad.
lovejoy
On the board

Gloucester Mute 07 Sep 2020 16:35 pm said..

I thought "taking the knee" was focussed on specifically racial inequalities not all societal inequalities. It falls under the BLM banner.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby