05 Jan 2021 10:43 am:

Top of National North.
Bit of joy for Gloucester.
National League next year 1 below Div. 2
Champions League by 2025
Vice-Captain

Re: Gloucester City

05 Jan 2021 10:50 am:

After the problems they've had since 2007, well done to them, and good luck for the rest of the season (if it plays out), and what then lies beyond.

Would be great to have a 3rd Gloucestershire team in the football league. Mind you, I dread to think what names the local media might then come up with for the extra derby games between FGR & GC, and CT & GC...... "El Glosico" twice a season for the games between FGR & CT is bad enough already.
On the board

05 Jan 2021 11:38 am:

It's great news our city needs a football club in the leagues. There's a enough support locally to sustain it.

Well done to all involved, I doubt many would have survived being flooded twice and being that long in exile losing all the additional revenue that comes with home matches.

05 Jan 2021 11:43 am:

Ah the Theatre of Elvers........well done Gloucester City, more of a FGR follower myself but always good to see any local team make good progress especially having suffered so much of recent years.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

05 Jan 2021 11:45 am:

It's still early days though. The chasing teams have games in hand and a couple of months ago the manager jumped ship and took his top scoring striker with him. Results haven't been so impressive since but they're hanging in for now. Let's hope that river next door stays within its banks and they can complete their recovery.
On the board

05 Jan 2021 14:11 pm:

lucifer wrote:It's still early days though. The chasing teams have games in hand and a couple of months ago the manager jumped ship and took his top scoring striker with him. Results haven't been so impressive since but they're hanging in for now. Let's hope that river next door stays within its banks and they can complete their recovery.

Yes Asanti went to Chesterfield but City still have the leagues leading goal scorer in Matt McClure 11 goals in 12 games, so you never know.

1st v 2nd (Kidderminster Harriers) on Saturday that's a biggie, just a shame there's no fans allowed as I'm sure that would have been a sell out.
Vice-Captain

06 Jan 2021 12:36 pm:

City's league form since the new manager has been mid table, though they have had a couple of good F A Trophy wins. They are still at the top due to their excellent start under the previous Manager who was unbeaten in the league and having played more games then those around them.

The next 3 games will be massive for them, playing the third and fourth place team at home in the league, and in between those matches, they are away to National League side Wealdstone in the FA Trophy.
Hall of Famer

06 Jan 2021 18:22 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Ah the Theatre of Elvers........well done Gloucester City, more of a FGR follower myself but always good to see any local team make good progress especially having suffered so much of recent years.

What's happening about the new FGR ground ?. Would imagine that one will be on wraps for some time given the general situation. Haven't heard anything about the new stadium for ages; although I guess pointless building one without spectators.

Don't follow roundball in general but didn't I hear that only the elite leagues would be operating under lockdown ?.; or was that something that was just proposed ?
Hall of Famer

06 Jan 2021 18:45 pm:

In football, RTS2, I'm pretty sure "elite" refers to National League and above so yes FGR are in that as are the Robins and Tigers.
Hall of Famer

06 Jan 2021 19:01 pm:

Shouldn’t this also be on the ‘non rugby’ bit?
Cherchez la truffe
Next

Return to Not Rugby