The new single market ?.....the UK

Hall of Famer

Re: The new single market ?.....the UK

04 Feb 2021 22:20 pm:

lovejoy wrote:I'm not going to stop criticising where I believe it is valid and clapping where I think it's justified. Certainly if a government believes they can operate as they feel without risk of criticism, then we'd be in a very dangerous place. Now that is a country I would not like to live in very much.

I note that you don't look to argue against the Irish border point I raised. When you voted for it what did you want?

I, like the narrow minority, voted to Remain. I still wish we had BUT I democratically accept the majority who voted Leave won. And make the most of it rather than continuing to whine and whine. That would only make me frustrated.

Lighten up and put up a few Sir Keir posters........ ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

05 Feb 2021 10:32 am:

I was assuming, based on previous posts, you voted for Johnson’s oven ready deal, in the 2019 GE. If you didn’t then I’ll politely apologise and deleted the offending post. Also to be clear, you are well within your rights to not answer as the anonymity of the ballot box is sacrosanct.

But if you did, then to refer back to earlier votes appears to me to be trying to distance yourself from the mess caused. I respectfully suggest you own your decision.

Again what did you vote for in 2019 regarding the border in Ireland? Or did you not really understand what you were voting for?

05 Feb 2021 11:55 am:

Did anyone understand what they were voting for?..only thing that was clear and absolute was a blue passport that was to be printed in Poland by a pan-European non-British company that will get held up at the border if the import documentation is incorrect.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

05 Feb 2021 15:36 pm:

The General Election was not for me simply a proxy Brexit vote.

To me it was an awful lot more - including a look at the terrifying alternative of Corbyn & Co.

You could have Tory and Remainer tendencies Lovejoy. They are not linked.....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

05 Feb 2021 15:56 pm:

I don't agree, the Election was all about "delivering Brexit" hence why the northern constituencies turned. If you voted for the government then Brexit is on you. You still haven't explained whay you voted for on the border in Northern Ireland, I'll politely ask just one more time.
Last edited by lovejoy on 05 Feb 2021 16:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

05 Feb 2021 16:21 pm:

lovejoy wrote:I don't agree, the Election was all about "delivering Brexit" hence why the northern constituencies turned. If you voted for the government then Brexit is on you. You still haven't explained whay you voted for on the Northern Ireland border, I'll politely ask just one more time.

I don’t agree....it had sod all to do with Europe for me...btw it’s the Irish Border
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

05 Feb 2021 17:15 pm:

lovejoy wrote:I don't agree, the Election was all about "delivering Brexit" hence why the northern constituencies turned. If you voted for the government then Brexit is on you. You still haven't explained whay you voted for on the border in Northern Ireland, I'll politely ask just one more time.

Along with everyone else I did not have the chance to vote specifically on that subject. How did you manage ?? A special polling booth in your outdoor khazi ?!?! You really are Citizen Smith at times....
Hall of Famer

05 Feb 2021 19:10 pm:

What was so terrifying about a Corbyn led Labour government? I didn’t particularly like him and glad he’s no longer a party leader but is that hypothetical situation worse than what we currently have? How has this country gone so far to the right?
Site Admin

05 Feb 2021 19:41 pm:

DC8D5180-42E4-4D25-9DDE-24CB3E4B25E1.jpeg

People don’t think Boris is that right wing:
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Site Admin

05 Feb 2021 19:45 pm:

This is from YouGov, btw..

Corbyn didn’t fare much better either while in post;

1A6C9D59-5606-40B6-8B43-ABB99294715B.jpeg
B05997B5-C1E5-4046-AB70-FB5075180A72.jpeg
7222088D-444B-42BD-86D6-DDF192921718.jpeg
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby