The new single market ?.....the UK

Site Admin

Re: The new single market ?.....the UK

05 Feb 2021 19:46 pm:

34D5F4C4-7CCE-4AFA-BA11-F791634521D6.jpeg
10179F47-5D2F-4186-B1F1-25A87FF29C08.jpeg
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

05 Feb 2021 20:24 pm:

What’s your point? That really does offer any insight.
Site Admin

05 Feb 2021 20:43 pm:

It shows people generally didn’t rate him, didn’t trust him and didn’t want him to be in power.
Me included.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

06 Feb 2021 00:48 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:
lovejoy wrote:I don't agree, the Election was all about "delivering Brexit" hence why the northern constituencies turned. If you voted for the government then Brexit is on you. You still haven't explained whay you voted for on the border in Northern Ireland, I'll politely ask just one more time.

Along with everyone else I did not have the chance to vote specifically on that subject. How did you manage ?? A special polling booth in your outdoor khazi ?!?! You really are Citizen Smith at times....

So you voted blind without a specific understanding of the matter. Fine. I managed by using my faculties (or what’s left of them) to critically analyse what I was being told and deciding that the promises were empty and I wasn’t therefore supportive. Try it.
Hall of Famer

06 Feb 2021 05:46 am:

I'm sorry although brexit was a key part of the election it was not the only thing. I'm presuming you voted for lib dems as they were the party that were definitely going to stop brexit.
Hall of Famer

06 Feb 2021 07:34 am:

I'm on the voted for Tory team too that also voted to remain. I accept Lovejoys's argument to a point though. At the time of the Breixt vote I firmly believed the vote would go in favour of remain; thus a multitude of reasons why to vote Tory and not Labour would have remained .

Having said that; the last election was after the Brexit vote, and I had to took a balanced- view and still believed that the Breixt-deal would be well negotiated by the Tory's in the latter stages and that the transition would be well orchestrated . It has been a shambles as has the management of Covid-19 ( other than the excellent vaccination programme ) .

I could not bring myself to vote for a Labour government under Corbyn. Not in a month of Sundays.

I have been very disappointed with Kier Starmer too. Much better than Corbyn; but I find his opposition to BJ at PMQT as being quite ineffective; too polite and way- too weak. I know it should be about policies more than anything; but in this respect there is nothing stand-out or visionary that captures my imagination about modern-labour or it's policies.

I would say that Labour's opposition to Breixt was weak under Corbyn . Very weak. This did not help.

This at a time where in general we've needed a strong opposition for the last decade and still do.
Hall of Famer

07 Feb 2021 06:08 am:

Think you hit the nail on the head RTS, without strong opposition and meaningful alternative policies, the party in power just gets on with whatever they like. It was the same when Blair was making the balls ups.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

09 Feb 2021 14:49 pm:

Did anyone else see the letter by the environment minister George Eustace, prominent Brexiteer, to his counterpart in the EU about the trade in live shellfish?

Basically the EU doesn't allow third countries to sell live shellfish into the EU, something the UK supported.

The UK has voted to leave the EU and become a third country.

George has written to the EU expressing his disappointment at this, supported by the Grimsby MP (Grimsby 72% leave).

Not very bright some people are they?
Hall of Famer

09 Feb 2021 15:20 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Did anyone else see the letter by the environment minister George Eustace, prominent Brexiteer, to his counterpart in the EU about the trade in live shellfish?

Basically the EU doesn't allow third countries to sell live shellfish into the EU, something the UK supported.

George has written to the EU expressing his disappointment at this, supported by the Grimsby MP (Grimsby 72% leave).

Understandable really, the ban was presumably based on certain standards and not on politics, we are currently aligned to those standards so why shouldn't it continue.
Hall of Famer

09 Feb 2021 15:33 pm:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
lovejoy wrote:Did anyone else see the letter by the environment minister George Eustace, prominent Brexiteer, to his counterpart in the EU about the trade in live shellfish?

Understandable really, the ban was presumably based on certain standards and not on politics, we are currently aligned to those standards so why shouldn't it continue.

They'd have to let in all third countries with equivalent standards in too, just to fit in with us? Why should they?
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby