The current test match

Hall of Famer

Re: The current test match

05 Mar 2021 14:04 pm:

Looks like this Test has gone already for England thanks to Plant's batting today.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

05 Mar 2021 14:10 pm:

Looks like this Test has gone already for England thanks to Plant's batting today.
Still don't understand the logic of the 'appeal' process for lbw after umpire's initial decision of not out when ball shown to pitch in line, hit pad (no bat) and then adjudged to hit top of stumps being not out.
Hall of Famer

05 Mar 2021 15:14 pm:

For it to be overturned all the ball has to be hitting the stumps Dave. Equally if the umpire's call was out a review has to show all the ball missing them. That's the way umpires call works, his decision unless blatantly wrong on review - it means they aren't 100% sure of the technology and the umpire is usually best place to judge.
Hall of Famer

05 Mar 2021 15:27 pm:

Thanks, Richard.

I'd guessed it was something along those lines - Pant escaped earlier this afternoon by 'half a ball' :o well before his hundred, and in fairness it looked a little high.
Hall of Famer

05 Mar 2021 18:38 pm:

Similar to tmo in rugby. If the ref gives a try the tmo needs clear evidence to over turn it the ref doesn't think it is a try tmo needs clear evidence to give it
Hall of Famer

06 Mar 2021 08:02 am:

It's like watching a cat play with a mouse, or rabbit in headlights. 65-5
Hall of Famer

06 Mar 2021 10:13 am:

The cat's had enough! Pretty dire performance from the batters since the first test.
Hall of Famer

06 Mar 2021 10:20 am:

If anyone's interested the County are taking registrations for ballots for matches this summer, link is https://www.gloscricket.co.uk/
Presumably in case crowds are still limited.

08 Mar 2021 18:03 pm:

We won the first Test well, what then happened ? The wickets were ploughed for the 2nd & 3rd Tests and our batsmen just couldn't really get to grips with it.

Some selection mistakes and making the wrong choice when winning the toss didn't help either. I wonder if the Moeen Ali situation had a bigger effect than we realise. The players body language didn't strike me as them being on the case.
Previous

Return to Not Rugby