Harry and Meghan's TV interview

Hall of Famer

Re: Harry and Meghan's TV interview

09 Mar 2021 21:09 pm:

:lol:
Dude

15 Mar 2021 15:35 pm:

lovejoy wrote:A young lady has been subject to racist treatment in the media dn apparently by the royal family, she has had her privacy invaded (and won a court case) and she has spoken of suicidal thoughts.

Posters on this thread who have never met her call her a narcissist, "me me me me", a blatant liar, self-centred, using her not-very-bright husband as a springboard, pathetic etc etc. This is fed by our vile media, causing these ill informed views. Not pleasant at all.

It wasn't very long ago on this very forum the #bekind matra was trotted out by many following the tragic death of Caroline Flack and yet a short time later here we are again. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves. Makes me feel ashamed.

I couldn’t agree more. I actually watched the interview and Meghan was not at all scathing about the Royal Family. She was actually hugely complementary about the Queen in particular. She didn’t make the allegation of racism - Harry did. That is a very important fact one or two seem to have overlooked - or maybe the Daily Mail articles didn’t mention it!

I am undecided how much I sympathise with them, and him in particular. He does seem to want to have his cake and eat it. I accept being born into the Royal Family isn’t all fun and laughter, but that goes for many people’s ‘lot’ in life. The Queen has dedicated her whole life to it!

What is very clear however is just how toxic and vile our media is, yet so many still can’t see it.
Hall of Famer

15 Mar 2021 16:10 pm:

And re. their pleas for privacy whilst appearing on US TV shows and issuing photos ??

The media are cruel and use people. Some hypocritical people seem to like to use the media but on their terms only.

I just find the whole subject very sad and the couple appear to be desperate to be celebrities/newsworthy. I can only imagine the situation will get worse.....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

15 Mar 2021 19:40 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:And re. their pleas for privacy whilst appearing on US TV shows and issuing photos ??

The media are cruel and use people. Some hypocritical people seem to like to use the media but on their terms only.

I just find the whole subject very sad and the couple appear to be desperate to be celebrities/newsworthy. I can only imagine the situation will get worse.....

John I do get your drift ; but don't agree that Harry and Megan are desperate to be celebrities. They are arguably both that in their own right ?.
Hall of Famer

17 Mar 2021 13:07 pm:

They maintain they are both intensely private people. Amazing though how many interviews and photo shoots they do (with Archie) on their terms.....

Seems slightly contradictory.

And how supportive they are of anything Netflix-related. :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Site Admin

17 Mar 2021 13:14 pm:

That's what $130M USD will make happen, I guess.. gotta do what you gotta do for them big bucks.. especially if you are on your uppers, as they clearly are! ;)
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 11:43 am:

Interesting comments by the Archbishop of Canterbury today about their wedding. I can spot a lie a mile off, my bullshitometer went all the way up to 12 with this pair.
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 12:00 pm:

also being reported that she intends to stand for US President!!!! That really is not something a person would do who craves privacy!!!
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 12:08 pm:

“Being reported” context is everything with this type of soundbite, let’s understand if it was said in jest before jumping on this couple’s backs all over again.
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 12:31 pm:

I hope she does run for President, as that will be stage 3 of the plan. Stage 4 will see her admit that the USA is a failed state and the only way it can be saved is if the UK crown resumes authority over her former colonies. Once the respective houses of Windsor and Meagain join forces, we can then resume the trade in Narcotics to the Chinese and nuke France.

Glory days ahead of us my friends, all hail President Boris! (grrr).
Previous

Return to Not Rugby