Harry and Meghan's TV interview

Hall of Famer

Re: Harry and Meghan's TV interview

09 Mar 2021 10:01 am:

Didn't get to watch the programme but imagine it was fairly tame after all of the media hype ?. I did read that Harry was struggling and asked for help for them both ?. Got to say it the Royal family perhaps need to somehow embrace the 21st Century ?, but sadly they are all seemingly trapped in a situation where the media have so much power and where expectations are so high.

Wouldn't want to be in their position for all the tea in China.

Got to say the situation is rather sad. Harry clearly has a huge regard for his Grandmother and he always seems such a genuinely nice down to earth guy.

Just hope they can be happy now and make a contribution somewhere outside of their immediate family. I don't buy into the social media campaign against Megan . There is no need for it. Harry made his choice and we should respect it. Hopefully any media induced wounds will heal now .

09 Mar 2021 10:05 am:

The interview was watched by 11.12 million viewers, and hit a peak of 12.3 million.
The two-hour special was only beaten by Boris Johnson’s live 4 January speech on the latest lockdown schedule, which was watched by 15.6 million viewers. So more people were interested about when we could get back to the pub then. :D
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

09 Mar 2021 10:50 am:

DieTrying wrote:The interview was watched by 11.12 million viewers, and hit a peak of 12.3 million.
The two-hour special was only beaten by Boris Johnson’s live 4 January speech on the latest lockdown schedule, which was watched by 15.6 million viewers. So more people were interested about when we could get back to the pub then. :D

:D
Hall of Famer

09 Mar 2021 10:56 am:

A young lady has been subject to racist treatment in the media dn apparently by the royal family, she has had her privacy invaded (and won a court case) and she has spoken of suicidal thoughts.

Posters on this thread who have never met her call her a narcissist, "me me me me", a blatant liar, self-centred, using her not-very-bright husband as a springboard, pathetic etc etc. This is fed by our vile media, causing these ill informed views. Not pleasant at all.

It wasn't very long ago on this very forum the #bekind matra was trotted out by many following the tragic death of Caroline Flack and yet a short time later here we are again. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves. Makes me feel ashamed.

09 Mar 2021 11:00 am:

She said that Archie won't get a title, but doesn't know why? He will and she did:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56325934
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

09 Mar 2021 11:14 am:

If your opinion is guided by what you read in the newspapers (either consciously or subconsciously) then you really need to take a long hard look at yourself. That includes most of the people that have strong negative feelings towards MM.

It always amuses me the number of people that will waste their time commenting on a thread who then declare they really don't care about the topic :D

09 Mar 2021 11:21 am:

steckers wrote:If your opinion is guided by what you read in the newspapers (either consciously or subconsciously) then you really need to take a long hard look at yourself. That includes most of the people that have strong negative feelings towards MM.

It always amuses me the number of people that will waste their time commenting on a thread who then declare they really don't care about the topic :D

Steckers: She stated a fact and it's not correct. I'd take the BBC over most of the papers and as for Harry being financially cut off from the Family? If I leave my "job", I wouldn't expect my Ex employers to pay me.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

09 Mar 2021 12:18 pm:

I wasn't replying to your post Dietrying - in fact , I only noticed it a few moments ago. My comment was more general.
Hall of Famer

09 Mar 2021 12:19 pm:

lovejoy wrote:A young lady has been subject to racist treatment in the media dn apparently by the royal family, she has had her privacy invaded (and won a court case) and she has spoken of suicidal thoughts.

Posters on this thread who have never met her call her a narcissist, "me me me me", a blatant liar, self-centred, using her not-very-bright husband as a springboard, pathetic etc etc. This is fed by our vile media, causing these ill informed views. Not pleasant at all.

It wasn't very long ago on this very forum the #bekind matra was trotted out by many following the tragic death of Caroline Flack and yet a short time later here we are again. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves. Makes me feel ashamed.

+1.

I'm not sure which is more unusual - Gloucester winning games, or finding myself in such agreement with Lovejoy. Lightning strikes twice in a week :lol:

09 Mar 2021 12:21 pm:

steckers wrote:I wasn't replying to your post Dietrying - in fact , I only noticed it a few moments ago. My comment was more general.

Noted. :)
aka John Neary
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby