Over to Exeter?

Hall of Famer

Re: Over to Exeter?

01 Apr 2021 17:23 pm:

I thought the bubbles in the UK had been relaxed? have a look at the news headlines to see if this might, even slightly, be possibly relevant to anything at all in the UK.
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 17:24 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I have a bad feeling how our Society is changing.

Me too. The lurch to the right this country has taken in the last decade has been quite worrisome.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 17:33 pm:

Research shows that the average population gets more right wing as it gets older...and then we all die.
Suggest you spend the life you all have left being a lover rather than a hater folks. 8-)
Dude

01 Apr 2021 18:36 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I have a bad feeling how our Society is changing.

Me too. Every time I see our PM tell bare faced lies with no consequences. At least there are some bright spots, like people recognising how inappropriate and offensive it is to trivialise native cultures, so it’s not all bad Mute. ;)
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 19:57 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Hopefully our chef and the handful of resident SW wokes will soon be all over this like a rash.

Can I say "rash" or is that offensive now ?? :roll: :roll:

Just how far right are you, if I'm 'woke'? I can honestly say that I have never been called that before? Is your family motto 'Work sets you free" GM?
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 20:38 pm:

Chef - I didn't say you were woke BUT predicted that you'd join the thread from the other perspective.

Amazes me how many Brits are concerned about adopted Red Indian names and customs.

Hey ho.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Dude

01 Apr 2021 21:22 pm:

Out of interest do you guys know what woke means?

From the Oxford English Dictionary: “woke, adjective: Originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice; frequently in stay woke.”

If you regard that as an insult?????????
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 21:27 pm:

I prefer the following definition:

A politically correct narrative that has Marxist principles at its roots and doesn't tolerate open discourse.

Or people who are woke didn't just take the blue pill, they downed the entire bottle.
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 23:30 pm:

This is an interesting discussion. I’m intrigued to know, given 42% would vote conservative currently, where the line is for them to consider their vote:
Your PM has an affair -No
Your PM has an affair while his wife is being treated for cancer - No
Your PM uses donations to pay for legal fees for case against his mistress - No
Your PM asserts he acts with integrity whilst having an affair and not admitting to it - No
Your PM massively overpays for a lectern to be built by a Russian contractor - No
Your PM’s partner (not wife) spends public money improving your flat without a tender - No
Your Home Secretary is found to be a bully -No
Your chief advisor who instigates the “stay at home” mantra is found to travel over 200 miles with CovId against the rules he initiated - OK

My question is this - where is the line ?
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 07:52 am:

Would Theresa May have become leader of the Tory party, let alone Prime Minister, if she had done any of those, especially the first?
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby