County Championship Season 2021

Hall of Famer
Posts: 1624
Location: West Oxfordshire

County Championship Season 2021

11 Apr 2021 16:32 pm:

GCCC on course for a good win to open the season... Currently 207/2 chasing 228 to beat Surrey at Bristol
Hero in the making
Posts: 596

Re: County Championship Season 2021

11 Apr 2021 16:40 pm:

We win by eight wickets!
Thought the rain was going to deny us.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1624
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: County Championship Season 2021

11 Apr 2021 16:46 pm:

Tim in Shropshire wrote:We win by eight wickets!
Thought the rain was going to deny us.

Never talk ill of the rain. It's usually the saviour...

Super knock by skipper Dent and especially van Buuren to win it. Surrey are no easy scalp with a top five containing Rory Burns, Hashim Amla, Ollie Pope and Ben Foakes.

James Bracey made a 50 in the first innings too. Hope he kicks on this season as he's clearly being closely monitored by the old farts at HQ.
Hero in the making
Posts: 596

Re: County Championship Season 2021

11 Apr 2021 16:57 pm:

ShedOrDead wrote:
Tim in Shropshire wrote:We win by eight wickets!
Thought the rain was going to deny us.

Never talk ill of the rain. It's usually the saviour....

Sadly, I'm old enough to remember 1977 when we had two complete washouts - and still only lost the title by five points. Would still have won it had we bowled out Hampshire on the final day.
Great to get off to a win - as you say Surrey are no mugs.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2172

Re: County Championship Season 2021

11 Apr 2021 19:36 pm:

Brilliant start, well done glos!
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1624
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: County Championship Season 2021

15 Apr 2021 13:04 pm:

Good start for GCCC down at Cyderbad reducing Somerset to 80/4 at one point... need to keep chipping away and target a decent 1st innings lead from here.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-2021-1244186/somerset-vs-gloucestershire-group-2-1244228/full-scorecard
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1624
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: County Championship Season 2021

15 Apr 2021 13:05 pm:

ShedOrDead wrote:Good start for GCCC down at Cyderbad reducing Somerset to 80/4 at one point... need to keep chipping away and target a decent 1st innings lead from here.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-2021-1244186/somerset-vs-gloucestershire-group-2-1244228/full-scorecard

Typical! I hit send, Glouc take another wicket... 110/5!
Hero in the making
Posts: 596

Re: County Championship Season 2021

15 Apr 2021 18:55 pm:

Bit disappointing they made 312, having reduced them to 110-5.
Hopefully our star West Indian signing will be able to make an immediate impact with the bat.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4159
Location: Moonraker Capital

Re: County Championship Season 2021

16 Apr 2021 17:55 pm:

Som 312 all out.

Glos 301-8 at close.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hero in the making
Posts: 596

Re: County Championship Season 2021

17 Apr 2021 18:19 pm:

Good day today. You'd hope that we can polish those off tomorrow sometime just after lunch but years of supporting Glaws and the Shire means that I'm a bit fearful!!
Next

Return to Not Rugby