Gloucester City AFC

Gloucester City AFC

19 May 2021 15:41 pm:

Does anyone know if they are playing matches with spectators at Meadow Park and where to get tickets if they are?
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

Re: Gloucester City AFC

19 May 2021 16:07 pm:

The season was ended early and the football pyramid was reorganised yesterday, so they dont know which league they are in yet.
Hall of Famer

19 May 2021 17:28 pm:

They were top when it ended.

21 May 2021 12:27 pm:

Thanks

I must have been given duff information by an aged York City fan that I was going to bring down from the midlands for a post-lockdown day out who thought there was a game in the offing.

12 Aug 2021 15:08 pm:

Just to let folks know that after 11 years, the first unrestricted game at Meadow Park is next weekend v York City.

For my sins. I'm taking a old boy down from Coventry for the day, it's on his bucket list.

Lunch and a few beers on the cards...I'm not normally a footy bloke but happy to give this one my support. Anyone else fancy an afternoon out, almost like history is being made.
Hall of Famer

20 Aug 2021 15:40 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Just to let folks know that after 11 years, the first unrestricted game at Meadow Park is next weekend v York City.

For my sins. I'm taking a old boy down from Coventry for the day, it's on his bucket list.

Lunch and a few beers on the cards...I'm not normally a footy bloke but happy to give this one my support. Anyone else fancy an afternoon out, almost like history is being made.

I am going. It's actually 14 years since their last unrestricted home game!

A big moment for the City and the football club. They having some decent backing and are likely to be very competitive this season. KPB, if you fancy a pint before the game let me know.

21 Aug 2021 08:07 am:

My soccer guides for the day (actually STHs at Kingsholm) are starting at ‘Spoons in the Quays, although we may divert to the Peli first, and as one of our members is Terry Chocolate Orange Ultra (he was too extreme for Jorvik Inter City Crew) we’re going on to the Orchard, which is the designated away team pub….what a strange concept :( :( ;) So no doubt will bump into you at some time…
Hall of Famer

21 Aug 2021 09:59 am:

Give the Tigers a shout from me KPB, it's great to see them playing back in the city. Hats off to you too, travelling from Cov to watch the game. Re pubs though, its rude to ignore the Tank!
Hall of Famer

21 Aug 2021 21:49 pm:

So what happened? Who won? There was no OGT so we need an analysis.

21 Aug 2021 22:42 pm:

lucifer wrote:So what happened? Who won? There was no OGT so we need an analysis.

Gloucester City 4 v 0 York City.
aka John Neary
Next

Return to Not Rugby