Brexit post July 1

Re: Brexit post July 1

08 Jul 2021 19:32 pm:

RTS2 wrote:Admin this thread is running on two forums...the championship one and non-rugby. Just add more confusion to me posting it early this am on the Gloucester Rugby forum :lol:

It's only on the non rugby.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

08 Jul 2021 20:06 pm:

As long as RTS2 can find it we will be OK, he seems to be mostly talking to himself.
Site Admin

08 Jul 2021 21:49 pm:

When DT moved the thread, he selected the ‘keep a shadow’ option I should think? (can’t remember what it’s actually called)

This leaves a link in the old location that points to the new one in case people wonder where it’s gone, but there is only one thread in actuality..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...

08 Jul 2021 22:28 pm:

Oops, I didn't even think about the shadow bit. I'll remember next time . :D
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

08 Jul 2021 22:45 pm:

Anecdotally it has taken me 6-8 weeks to get wine from Europe compared to 6-8 days before.

Economically it is difficult to distinguish between impact of Brexit and CovId.

I’d like to hear from people who have massive upsides from the process, which is why we did it in the first place.
Hall of Famer

08 Jul 2021 22:48 pm:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:As long as RTS2 can find it we will be OK, he seems to be mostly talking to himself.

Totally agree. Seems a bit odd to start (yet another) SW subject asking a question of others to then dominate the thread with his own answers/thoughts !!

Some people puzzle me (a lot). Would not want to be caught sitting next to them on a long-haul flight !! ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

08 Jul 2021 23:06 pm:

tigerchef wrote:Can't you just keep the Art in a Freeport?

It's a good point. I took storage in Cardiff 6 months ago and have a lot of art stored there kind of hoping that WAG would get their act together and announce Cardiff or Newport as being signed up. There has been some historical rivalry between the SE of Wales and Swansea but the main issue is Drakeford wants the same financial support package of £25m to whichever location gets awarded the status.

It will mainly benefit us on import tariffs , but won't affect us on export as the buyer pays all of the associated customs fees and the VAT. Where it would benefit us is if we are allowed to nominate to pay these charges if the Govt. announce a reclaiming procedure; which has been talked about. Personally I can't see that happening.

We have to just sharpen up on the buying. This is the only way we can continue to run at a profit given we are not able to be as competitive in the EU against other people selling art from within it.

Mute if I sat next to you on a long-haul flight I would listen to my music and sleep.
Hall of Famer

09 Jul 2021 08:27 am:

RTS2 wrote:It will mainly benefit us on import tariffs , but won't affect us on export as the buyer pays all of the associated customs fees and the VAT. Where it would benefit us is if we are allowed to nominate to pay these charges if the Govt. announce a reclaiming procedure; which has been talked about. Personally I can't see that happening.

Nowt to do with Brexit, if you sell something on Amazon inside a country now they stick VAT on it and deduct this from what you get. It is just governments creaming money off everything, whether our government, the French or the Germans.

It is far too early to discuss Brexit, Covid has ruined most things. To use your analogies, it can be argued that Brexit has made the sea either calmer or choppier whilst a huge wave is hitting us.

Am I the only one imagining Mute sneezing on the aeroplane :?
Site Admin

09 Jul 2021 08:42 am:

into a monogrammed, spotted hanky, pulled from the breast pocket of his sports jacket?
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

09 Jul 2021 11:31 am:

A genuine question - can the brexit supporters explain whether they think it has been a success and by what parameters the success has been measured in relation to the promises made during the vote? I see polls that in excess of 90% of Brexit voters would do so again. I'm genuinely interested.
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby