Brexit post July 1

Site Admin

Re: Brexit post July 1

22 Sep 2021 11:06 am:

pretty sure it happened, yes.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2021 13:37 pm:

shedwebadmin wrote:I used to tell an ex that I loved her.. I meant it at the time, but things changed. If asked now, my answer would be very different.

I think this is a very good example. You tell someone something so they do what you want to do, but you are lying to them.
Clearly an emotion at a point in time is different to saying, I promise to do something in the future and not doing it.

I was always told not to make promises I can't keep.
Hall of Famer

23 Sep 2021 05:54 am:

Johnson established his whole political persona on a bed of Brexit lies and continues to play to the gallery with his imperial measurement pantomime bluster. But the truth is this; his Brexit bubble has burst and the Brexiters are pretending it hasn't.

The unhappy ending to the Brexit fairy tale looms large for many people in UK. Continuing denials by the Brexit elite are increasingly overwhelmed by the grim reality that UK is now poorer, more isolated and more vulnerable since Brexit - just as the Putin regime desired.
Hall of Famer

23 Sep 2021 10:20 am:

With the effect of Covid having zero impact on economies ??

Or are you carefully selecting stats to suit your (rather boring and tedious) argument ??

Fact is Brexit is done and over. Move on....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

23 Sep 2021 12:30 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:With the effect of Covid having zero impact on economies ??

Or are you carefully selecting stats to suit your (rather boring and tedious) argument ??

Tell the Unionists in NI.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Hall of Famer

23 Sep 2021 14:55 pm:

SirHenry wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:With the effect of Covid having zero impact on economies ??

Tell the Unionists in NI.

Don't worry I'm sure all the Brexit voters have the precise solution for this...............
Hero in the making

23 Sep 2021 15:59 pm:

donne-moi une pause mon pote, c'est la peur du projet innit?
:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer

23 Sep 2021 19:22 pm:

Well quite, project fear is project here.
Hero in the making

23 Sep 2021 21:54 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Well quite, project fear is project here.

réalité
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 11:59 am:

Brexit has happened but the consequences of the poorly negotiated withdrawal agreement will have consequences for a good while yet.

The current HGV driver shortage is a classic example. We have a short term problem (not enough indigenous HGV drivers while we train more to fill the jobs).

Everybody knows short term problems need temporary short term solutions. In this case, invite the EU drivers back for a limited period to get things moving again. As an aside I wonder how many would come, given they are likely to be subject to abuse but I feel sure we would get some.

The insistence by our government that we must wait until indigenous drivers are trained up is ideological nonsense and is addressing a short term problem by long term solutions. Meanwhile the population is subjected to unnecessary privations. It is just wrong and so relatively easy to solve in the short, medium and long terms.
The artist formerly known as Porky
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby