Brexit post July 1

Hall of Famer

Re: Brexit post July 1

24 Sep 2021 12:03 pm:

Strange how the ideology is forgotten when it comes to bailing out gas and energy firms.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 13:22 pm:

Just drove past my local petrol station and it’s got the cones out. A queue of motorists (mainly boomers) shaking their heads. They’re probably wondering why this has happened. Muppets.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 17:10 pm:

Hopefully you pulled out your soap-box Lovejoy and gave them both barrels of where they went wrong !?!?

Bet that went down well - with you on your all-electric bike/sidecar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
On the board

24 Sep 2021 17:45 pm:

Of course, if we hadn't have had so many decades of the PetroMob's unrelenting influence over the world's governments throughout the last, I don't know how many decades, (many oil splattered brown envelopes), we would no doubt be in a far healthier situation now.
How much time and how many lives have we lost I wonder?
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 18:34 pm:

Russglos wrote:Of course, if we hadn't have had so many decades of the PetroMob's unrelenting influence over the world's governments throughout the last, I don't know how many decades, (many oil splattered brown envelopes), we would no doubt be in a far healthier situation now.
How much time and how many lives have we lost I wonder?

Yep. The lack of investment into active travel is biting us in the arse. Look at what our friends in the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and Germany have done and how pleasant their urban spaces are. Oh I forgot, Brits know best.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 18:35 pm:

Allen Prior wrote:Brexit has happened but the consequences of the poorly negotiated withdrawal agreement will have consequences for a good while yet.

The current HGV driver shortage is a classic example. We have a short term problem (not enough indigenous HGV drivers while we train more to fill the jobs).

Everybody knows short term problems need temporary short term solutions. In this case, invite the EU drivers back for a limited period to get things moving again. As an aside I wonder how many would come, given they are likely to be subject to abuse but I feel sure we would get some.

The insistence by our government that we must wait until indigenous drivers are trained up is ideological nonsense and is addressing a short term problem by long term solutions. Meanwhile the population is subjected to unnecessary privations. It is just wrong and so relatively easy to solve in the short, medium and long terms.

You could’ve had the best negotiators on our side but the outcome was always going to be the same. Leaving the EU was an act of madness and now we are seeing the result.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 10:13 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Hopefully you pulled out your soap-box Lovejoy and gave them both barrels of where they went wrong !?!?

Bet that went down well - with you on your all-electric bike/sidecar. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was walking the dog.

Our media aren’t calling it but someone has to. I think where we have high demand like this the Brexit voters should be restricted from accessing the product until the queues have gone. Take responsibility for their actions for once.
Senior squad member

25 Sep 2021 11:20 am:

lovejoy wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Hopefully you pulled out your soap-box Lovejoy and gave them both barrels of where they went wrong !?!?

I was walking the dog.

Our media aren’t calling it but someone has to. I think where we have high demand like this the Brexit voters should be restricted from accessing the product until the queues have gone. Take responsibility for their actions for once.

Just drove past my local petrol station and it’s got the cones out. A queue of motorists (mainly boomers) shaking their heads. They’re probably wondering why this has happened. Muppets.

Make up your mind, was it you or the dog driving or was the dog walking you ?
Site Admin

25 Sep 2021 11:36 am:

Just pulled straight in at my local station.. £100 of diesel and 10 mins later, I was back home..

Time to join the EV club, I think, for this and other reasons..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 11:48 am:

shedwebadmin wrote:Just pulled straight in at my local station.. £100 of diesel and 10 mins later, I was back home..

Time to join the EV club, I think, for this and other reasons..

Don’t tell anyone where it is…..
The artist formerly known as Porky
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby