What did you watch last night?

Hall of Famer

What did you watch last night?

29 Sep 2021 12:46 pm:

Worth - Netflix

Michael Keaton is an all-business lawyer who is given the task of working out how much someone's life is worth after the 9/11 attacks.

It became apparent that if all the victims and their families sued the airline industry, it would wreck it, possibly forever, causing chaos amongst the logistics industry and the country as a whole. Therefore, the US government decided to get in front of it, by offering tax-free cash for every victim or family, heading off legal action.

The only question that remained was: How much?

Stanley Tucci is good value in this and Michael Keaton, who has had an excellent run of form recently (Birdman, The Founder) also does well, but isn't helped by slow, plodding direction and an overlong running time.

3/5 Tim Burton's
Hall of Famer

Re: What did you watch last night?

29 Sep 2021 13:54 pm:

I'm making my way through the Sopranos again so I can pick up on all the nuances in The Many Saints of Newark.
It really is a top drawer series.
Site Admin

29 Sep 2021 20:03 pm:

Really looking forward to the new film, got high hopes for it.. I'm on my 4th run through of the Sopranos now.. Gloria Trillo is about to come onto the scene in a couple of episodes.. happy days.

I just want to be Paulie Walnuts, he's a legend.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

29 Sep 2021 20:12 pm:

Interested to know others top three, I would have to go with;

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
Hall of Famer

29 Sep 2021 21:54 pm:

For me Sopranos just pips The Wire but they are definitely the best of the box sets, Breaking Bad was ok but not the same level IMO. I’m going to show my age here but, gun to my head to pick a third, I’d say the original run of Twin Peaks. Honourable mention to the first season of True Detective too (with Matthew McConaughey).
Hall of Famer

30 Sep 2021 06:39 am:

tigerchef wrote:Interested to know others top three, I would have to go with;

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad

Add The West Wing to that list. They’re too close for me to have a preference.
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 18:06 pm:

You may be a bit jealous of this but tonight I am watching The Many Saints, review to follow ;)
Site Admin

01 Oct 2021 20:38 pm:

#nospoilers
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

02 Oct 2021 15:05 pm:

No spoilers possible really as there are no big surprises in this film. If you are not a fan of The Sopranos you will probably be completely unimpressed by the whole thing.

If you are a big fan of The Sopranos you will love this film. Some of the performances are incredible, Gandolfini has all the perfect facial expressions of his father and Silvio has perfect body language.

I was intrigued when they cast Corey Stoll as Uncle Junior and could not see it working, I think he steals the show.

This was more a tribute to the original series than a film in it's own rights, I absolutely loved it and cannot wait for the next one which is clearly planned.
Hall of Famer

03 Oct 2021 07:53 am:

Sorry need to add Game of Thrones to the list obviously.
Next

Return to Not Rugby