We are all allowed an opinion.

Vice-Captain

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 22:21 pm:

Asgard- if you thought my observation of your observation of Williams’ injury was abusive, then I apologise.
I was merely making a dig about the overconfidence of many these days ( including medics) who draw too many conclusions ,often remotely, from too little evidence which are frequently and unsurprisingly wrong. As you were.
I really don’t think this qualifies as trolling. But sorry anyway.
Vice-Captain

03 Oct 2021 06:15 am:

Lads time to stop and this thread needs moving off the Rugby chat thread.

Social media is shitte in many ways and one is not providing a platform where a standard etiquette is applied. The result is the keyboard warrior syndrome for example. People who would never behave that way suddenly descend into angry abusers of others.

So there is no point having an expectation of a standard as there is no stop button other than your own. Moderators can only react to resolve, the damage is always done. Hopefully that sets some context.

This place can be very silly at times but overall it’s far far better than social media blogging sites in general with far less controversy.

With the exception of GM, I say that cos I want to fit in and go with the majority view due to my weak mind and insatiable desire to be accepted ;) by everyone else.
Vice-Captain

03 Oct 2021 11:22 am:

Everyone's completely entitled to an opinion of course they are. But if it has almost no context, no bearing and no balance, i will call it out. There is a phrase called 'own your shizzle'. Making statements such as 'we are garbage' or 'glos are rubbish' not Asgard's comments btw, is clearly nonsense, but it's an opinion people are allowed to make.

No issue with folk making blanket statements on here with no apparent critical thought being applied, that's entirely your perogative, but have the minerals to be shot at when you make them.
On the board

03 Oct 2021 11:56 am:

Bottom line as I have posted exhaustively over many years - respect each other and respect other’s comments. There are a few who can be very waspish in their replies and it ain’t comradely and it ain’t nice. Without dragging up old issues I was once a focus of this from one poster and I didn’t enjoy it but didn’t come out swinging because I think too much of Shedweb. Peace m’dears
West is best
Vice-Captain

03 Oct 2021 12:14 pm:

Best way to avoid online abuse is not reply, starve the keyboard warrior of the oxygen they use. Hard to do totally get that but that’s the only option for personal sanity at times.

03 Oct 2021 12:53 pm:

I tend to agree ith HPF on this. There are lots of fairly contentious statement s and opinions expressed on SW. If you are rilled by one you can either reply or ignore it. If we all tried to ignore them then these issues would dissolve away.
Dude

03 Oct 2021 18:52 pm:

Sorry I fundamentally disagree. Ignoring contentious opinions isn’t what a forum is about IMO. Forums are for discussion, and sometimes that can be robust. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but equally everyone is entitled to disagree with/challenge that opinion. Otherwise it’s just boring. The key is respect and courtesy.

My views, for what they’re worth.....

1. There are different ways you can contribute to a forum. You can be a total wallflower, someone who posts but never says anything contentious and so never upsets anyone, or someone who says what they feel. All are okay and none are better than the others, but.....

2. If you choose to voice your opinion don’t be precious. People WILL disagree, no matter how much you believe in what you post. Deal with it.

3. People are allowed to both disagree with and challenge your views.

4. Don’t take it personally. The vast majority of responses are not personal because you don’t even know the person. Seriously, think about this.

5. If it is personal, use the ‘foe’ option. Many, many people on here disagree with my posts and some clearly dislike them. I don’t care. Mute for example (sorry to use you, my ‘sparing partner’ :lol: :lol: ) doesn’t bother me one iota despite what he posts about me, which is often not very nice.

6. One person who does know me posts unpleasant digs at me continually, albeit never directly. That’s his issue to deal with. Rather than get upset by his posts I used the ‘foe’ button and don’t see his vitriol anymore. Result!

Asgard I don’t know you so I have no issues with you. Post what you feel, but just accept people will disagree. That’s what makes a forum interesting. :) :)

03 Oct 2021 18:53 pm:

I've moved thread.

03 Oct 2021 20:34 pm:

I think you’ve duplicated the thread in another location…I can see it in two places….so that now allows twice as much name calling and toys being thrown out of the perambulator. :D :D :D
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Dude

04 Oct 2021 06:57 am:

Like I said, respect for other posters. :(
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby