We are all allowed an opinion.

Hall of Famer
Posts: 2396

We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:22 pm:

A few months ago I posted an opinion that I thought that GS was out of his depth based on the results up to then and the style of rugby played.
Like all good websites my opinion was challenged and I was happy to defend my thoughts. I have gained the impression however that since then I am not allowed to express an opinion or even make no opinion - just posting stats.
Make no mistake I shall give as good as I get but what I do find totally unacceptable are the posts from Baz, Lewi, Cream of the prop and your real name where I am attacked for no current reason. Such posts in my opinion come under the heading of Troll.
Continue if you must but I shall respond.
The ball is fairly and squarely in your court but I believe that the website is spoiled by such behaviour.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1817
Location: Holding on to the floor

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:29 pm:

Is it not time to move on, if only for your well-being?
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3127

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:30 pm:

As I said Asgard, you put it it out there, expect to get it back. You are a bully on here. I’ve only posted a couple of times on here in the last couple of month’s , until today. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and it’s about time somebody stood up against them. I had a great day, family, great friends and I really like this forum but too many are on here to boost their ego, you included. Good posters are turning their back on this forum, women are still not welcome. About time the dinosaurs became extinct.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 300

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:38 pm:

Just so I get this straight.

You express an opinion, get challenged and then express an opinion suggesting you are not “allowed” to “express an opinion”.

Who is preventing you from expressing your opinion? Strikes me that your gripe is that you don’t like your opinion being challenged. The example you give about GS being “out of his depth” was obviously designed to provoke debate. Some will agree with you. Many,I suspect, won’t. Might be better if you actually backed up your thoughts, rather than going all defensive if others disagree.

It’s hardly rocket science.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2396

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:43 pm:

I am not a bully but I will not be bullied.
Your response to the Opta publication was out of order. I added them to a pre game thread but you decided to wade in. Perhaps you should read the posts before responding.
I made a comment about Williams injury - nothing controversial but yet the response was abusive. As I have said if you dish it I will respond in kind. I'm happy to stop - it's up to you.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2638
Location: Corse

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:46 pm:

I recommend the use of the Foes option. A single poster who continually wound me up is now silent. My desire to post has increased as a result ( probably to some peoples dismay!) :D
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2396

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:47 pm:

BullShed wrote:Just so I get this straight.

You express an opinion, get challenged and then express an opinion suggesting you are not “allowed” to “express an opinion”.

Who is preventing you from expressing your opinion? Strikes me that your gripe is that you don’t like your opinion being challenged. The example you give about GS being “out of his depth” was obviously designed to provoke debate. Some will agree with you. Many,I suspect, won’t. Might be better if you actually backed up your thoughts, rather than going all defensive if others disagree.

It’s hardly rocket science.

Bullshed - go back and read the relative posts. I have no issue with people disagreeing with my opinion - it's when the response becomes abusive that I respond like for like. Over the last two days responses from 4 posters have in my opinion been abusive.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2396

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:48 pm:

Allen Prior wrote:Is it not time to move on, if only for your well-being?

More than happy to.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 300

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 19:56 pm:

Asgard wrote:
BullShed wrote:Just so I get this straight.

You express an opinion, get challenged and then express an opinion suggesting you are not “allowed” to “express an opinion”.

Who is preventing you from expressing your opinion? Strikes me that your gripe is that you don’t like your opinion being challenged. The example you give about GS being “out of his depth” was obviously designed to provoke debate. Some will agree with you. Many,I suspect, won’t. Might be better if you actually backed up your thoughts, rather than going all defensive if others disagree.

It’s hardly rocket science.

Bullshed - go back and read the relative posts. I have no issue with people disagreeing with my opinion - it's when the response becomes abusive that I respond like for like. Over the last two days responses from 4 posters have in my opinion been abusive.


I have. I think “mildly bemused of Gloucester” shall become my nom de plume from now on.

Are you sure you’ve thought this through?
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5206

Re: We are all allowed an opinion.

02 Oct 2021 20:26 pm:

As someone who has no clue to the history - I have to confess, I get tired of reading it. It can ruin the thread.
Next

Return to Not Rugby