Exeter and headdresses

Dude

Exeter and headdresses

17 Oct 2021 08:55 am:

I’m not intending to initiate any discussion about the subject on here as no doubt it will be locked and moved to the non rugby section.

However for those who feel this is a current and relevant rugby related topic which adults should be allowed to discuss........they will be doing just that on Rugby Tonight.
Hall of Famer

Re: Exeter and headdresses

17 Oct 2021 09:24 am:

Lebowski wrote:I’m not intending to initiate any discussion about the subject on here

Really ? So why post it ?
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2021 09:32 am:

Steve, perhaps Leb is just highlighting the Rugby Tonight programme in case you want to watch it.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
On the board

17 Oct 2021 09:38 am:

The locking of the Exeter Chiefs thread on the non-rugby section was completely unnecessary. Why should one person choose - on a whim - to lock a thread which (although people disagreed) was pretty much good-natured?
Vice-Captain

17 Oct 2021 10:33 am:

Tbh it’s inevitable that this thread will be moved to non rugby and at some point locked.

It’s not a poor reflection on SW just a poor reflection on our society that still after decades, centuries even it cannot find ways to overcome divisions and injustice whether they based on race, colour or religion.

If society was a playground, which it does resemble all to often, you’d expect an adult to step in and guide the offenders to a better understanding.

My question is where are the adults?
On the board

18 Oct 2021 08:39 am:

I thought that the two Native American women on Rugby Tonight put a strong case for a necessary rebranding clearly, calmly and articulately. I notice (from reading the ChiefsTribe forum) that one or two Exeter fans who previously had been ambivalent about the need for change had their minds changed by the programme.

18 Oct 2021 08:59 am:

Thanks Leb, I understand how the post was intended about the programme itself and not the topic
For obvious reasons didn't get to watch it yesterday it will be interesting to see the reaction. FWIW I don't think there too many faux Native American headdresses at this weekend's match and it all passed off very quietly.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2021 09:11 am:

I thought BT handled the topic sensitively and with respect, and also thought the guest speakers were informative and eloquent. They are open to discussions with Prem Rugby and Exeter so hopefully something constructive comes from it
Dude

18 Oct 2021 11:33 am:

Steve M wrote:
Lebowski wrote:I’m not intending to initiate any discussion about the subject on here

Really ? So why post it ?

All the clues were in there - read the words in chronological order and you’ll hopefully get it.

I thought it was an excellent programme with a good contribution from Steven Vaughan. I’d urge anyone with catchup to watch it - only half an hour.
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2021 16:59 pm:

I read somewhere that Tony Rowe was open to persuasion. More about visual branding though than name ?.

There were Celtic Chieftains resident once in those parts. :D .

chief
/tʃiːf/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a leader or ruler of a people or clan.
"the chief of the village"

A change of image

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collectio ... 988-1004-1

:D
Next

Return to Not Rugby