Exeter and headdresses

Hall of Famer

Re: Exeter and headdresses

24 Oct 2021 12:55 pm:

lucifer wrote:And god help any of their supporters who tries to wear it in the Shed blocking the view of those behind them!

:D

There's usually only a few . One is too many ;)

I haven't watched a single Exeter away match this term.

Are they still wearing them at away matches ?
Hall of Famer

24 Oct 2021 20:11 pm:

coleser wrote:Nail on head from this academic in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... us-imagery

I actually thought Bod was joking. Obviously I was wrong.

Strange how the guardian forget their original founder made his money in the slave trade
Hall of Famer

24 Oct 2021 21:27 pm:

robs1 wrote:
coleser wrote:Nail on head from this academic in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... us-imagery

I actually thought Bod was joking. Obviously I was wrong.

Strange how the guardian forget their original founder made his money in the slave trade

If you go back that far most organisations have a dodgy past. Compare the Guardian to the other media outlets that are around today. Remember hoorah for the blackshirts, and the Sun’s coverage of Hillsborough? Do you really think that the actions of the founder of the Guardian over 150 years ago somehow renders an article written in recent times irrelevant?
Hall of Famer

24 Oct 2021 22:24 pm:

Also the Guardian newspaper certainly hasn’t forgotten the actions of its founder. A quick google search will show that.

24 Oct 2021 22:37 pm:

If you acknowledge and learn from the mistakes of the past, then all well and good, but, imho, you can't apologise for actions in a time, when, what is now unacceptable, was acceptable. I see that Oriel College have put up a plaque explaining Rhodes was a committed British colonialist” who exploited the “peoples of southern Africa”. That's fine but they also failed to acknowledge that his cash has benefitted students from all over the world and in 2003: The Mandela Rhodes Foundation, a leadership development programme for Africa, was established in 2003 by agreement between Mr Nelson Mandela and the Rhodes Trust. Now if Mr Mandela thinks it works, it works. On the other hand, he Daily Fail still spouts the same right wing crap like it did when supporting Adolf, back in the day, so work is still required.
aka John Neary
Dude

11 Nov 2021 12:00 pm:

Sad that almost nobody will see because this very rugby related topic has been marginalised and moved to the non rugby section, but I see the NCAI (National Congress of American Indians) itself has now directly contacted Exeter asking for them to change their branding.
Hall of Famer

11 Nov 2021 12:30 pm:

Read the full letter to Tony Rowe from Dante Desiderio:

https://t.co/W75Pmjr6F9?amp=1
Hall of Famer

11 Nov 2021 13:24 pm:

Lebowski wrote:Sad that almost nobody will see because this very rugby related topic has been marginalised and moved to the non rugby section, but I see the NCAI (National Congress of American Indians) itself has now directly contacted Exeter asking for them to change their branding.

The people who want to be involved with this discussion will see it and have there say, if they haven't already.

I do think for the most part people on shedweb are looking to discuss matters more directly related to the actual playing of rugby.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

11 Nov 2021 14:21 pm:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
The people who want to be involved with this discussion will see it and have there say, if they haven't already.

I do think for the most part people on shedweb are looking to discuss matters more directly related to the actual playing of rugby.

+1 - though very hard to stop a woke having a wokeish opinion on everything/anything !!

I am simply disinterested and will encourage my great grand-kids to play cowboys and (native American) Indians. :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

11 Nov 2021 14:24 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

+1 - though very hard to stop a woke having a wokeish opinion on everything/anything !!

I am simply disinterested and will encourage my great grand-kids to play cowboys and (native American) Indians. :roll:

Yet you read the thread and bothered to post. Maybe there's some other way you could express your disinterest!
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby