Exeter and headdresses

Hall of Famer

Re: Exeter and headdresses

11 Nov 2021 14:33 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
The people who want to be involved with this discussion will see it and have there say, if they haven't already.

I do think for the most part people on shedweb are looking to discuss matters more directly related to the actual playing of rugby.

+1 - though very hard to stop a woke having a wokeish opinion on everything/anything !!

I am simply disinterested and will encourage my great grand-kids to play cowboys and (native American) Indians. :roll:

As we know those who consider themselves anti-woke are so softly spoken and never mention it. :roll:
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

11 Nov 2021 16:34 pm:

Woke just means being open minded and considerate doesn't it? the negative connotations are from it being highjacked by Farage and the Daily Mail I think. I know whose side I am on.
Dude

11 Nov 2021 16:37 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I am simply disinterested and will encourage my great grand-kids to play cowboys and (native American) Indians. :roll:

Lmao. In the words of Brian Potter: “But you’re not, Kenny!”

You’re like a bitter old Canute.
Hall of Famer

11 Nov 2021 16:57 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Woke just means being open minded and considerate doesn't it? the negative connotations are from it being highjacked by Farage and the Daily Mail I think. I know whose side I am on.

Indeed. Although it's use has become a useful indication of a person's knowledge and intellect.
Hall of Famer

11 Nov 2021 18:53 pm:

Oh here we go again...

And posters wonder why threads are closed?
Dude

14 Nov 2021 19:16 pm:

Indulge me please? Explain what in this thread remotely suggests it should be closed.
Hall of Famer

14 Nov 2021 20:35 pm:

Normal keyboard warriors posting their petty insults at other posters Leb. Then it just descends into an ever decreasing circle of vicious name calling and at the end, somebody gets banned.

Seen it far to many times on here and usually the thread is now locked before the Mod ban hammer is enforced.
Hall of Famer

15 Nov 2021 16:10 pm:

What are SW's views on the Exeter supporters doing the Tomahawk Chop all the way through the game the other week? I think doing this chant is just as bad as wearing a native American headdress as the link is only to that race, which is just as an affront as wearing their tribal outfits.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
On the board

24 Nov 2021 19:06 pm:

Big meeting tonight. The Exeter Chiefs agm and they’ll be discussing the whole issue. I’m not hopeful that they’ll dump all their ghastly branding, chants, costumes etc.
On the board

26 Nov 2021 06:24 am:

My lack of hope wasn’t justified. Today’s Guardian reporting that Exeter are going to be rebranded after a majority of supporters contacted the club and expressed disquiet about the current branding etc. A victory for compassion and kindness.
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby