Perspective ?

Hall of Famer

Perspective ?

18 Oct 2021 14:03 pm:

I thought I'd post this here so as not to denigrate any of the comments on the Rugby forum about the terrible news regarding the wife of Tom Youngs.

I really don't understand or find comfortable the attempt to shut down the debate regarding referees by conflating it with the above thread and using 'perspective' to do so.

Terrible things happen all the the time, a rising star of Super Rugby was killed in a traffic accident at the weekend, but we could all find examples of similar things to argue that any discussion on this forum is pointless, disrespectful etc etc.

Is it a tragedy that Lewis Ludlow has not made the AI squad, or irrelevant given the covid numbers / deaths ?
Hall of Famer

Re: Perspective ?

18 Oct 2021 14:20 pm:

I thought Mute was offside using the thread as on opportunity to put a dig into other posters. He could’ve said that it puts things into perspective and leave it at that but he just couldn’t help himself.

We all know that there are many things in life much more important than watching thirty people chase an egg shaped ball around a field. It really doesn’t need pointing out.
Last edited by Severus on 18 Oct 2021 20:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2021 14:23 pm:

That was my thoughts exactly stuartjames.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2021 15:44 pm:

Mute’s comment was fine. Stop rising to things that aren’t there.
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2021 19:59 pm:

I think that it is commonly understood that sport is a distraction to real life problems, for me it goes without saying that covid deaths are far more important than the ref missing a knock on. I don't think we should preface every thread/post with this context. There are forums and even threads on this forum to have such a discussion.
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2021 23:11 pm:

lovejoy wrote:I think that it is commonly understood that sport is a distraction to real life problems, for me it goes without saying that covid deaths are far more important than the ref missing a knock on. I don't think we should preface every thread/post with this context. There are forums and even threads on this forum to have such a discussion.

Exactly, I couldn't see any point in trying to link the 2.

Return to Not Rugby