The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

Hero in the making

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

03 Aug 2019 08:45 am:

I saw on my google news this morning that the Queens Head is either closed or will be closing. Can anyone confirm this?
Hall of Famer

03 Aug 2019 09:39 am:

SH1, the article implies it's closed and rumours of turning into flats although not confirmed as no application yet lodged with planners.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Senior squad member

10 Sep 2019 11:51 am:

https://www.punchline-gloucester.com/articles/aanews/gloucester-rugby-pub-the-kingsholm-inn-to-reopen-by-new-owner-sold-to-re-open does anyone close by know if a new publican has managed to take over yet? being from out of town it is not too easy to pop up and find out. Always very useful to get a pint then a pie and chips from the chip shop next door.
Senior squad member

10 Sep 2019 13:10 pm:

It was open when I walked past last Saturday afternoon :-)
Hero in the making

11 Sep 2019 11:31 am:

On Gloucestershire Live Queens Head converting to a nursery.

11 Sep 2019 13:21 pm:

How's the new pub venture in the old Heritage and Wise furniture shop coming along?....On door closes...another opens..
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

12 Sep 2019 19:48 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:How's the new pub venture in the old Heritage and Wise furniture shop coming along?....On door closes...another opens..

Didn't know about that. Is that the huge place on St Oswald's Road or their original shop in Wellington Street?
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.

13 Sep 2019 07:36 am:

covglaws wrote:
King Prawn Bhuna wrote:How's the new pub venture in the old Heritage and Wise furniture shop coming along?....On door closes...another opens..

Didn't know about that. Is that the huge place on St Oswald's Road or their original shop in Wellington Street?

It was on Kingsholm Rd next to the ground, I'm sure Heritage had it for a while before it became some sort of discount cycle place.....I may well be wrong.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Senior squad member

13 Sep 2019 08:23 am:

I had a look through the windows 2 weeks ago and it looked a long way off being ready.
But you never know, a bit of hard graft and a lot of bodies they could have it ready in time for the season to start.

I think I saw that Emma, who is arranging away trips on Facebook, has spoken to them about opening early for coach trips.
Hero in the making

11 Oct 2019 08:48 am:

Is there any news on this new venture? Is it open? What kinds of ales etc.?
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby