The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

Hall of Famer
Posts: 1220
Location: Deep within the Wychwoods

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

11 Oct 2019 11:59 am:

It was open when we played London Irish!
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1811
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

12 Oct 2019 11:15 am:

Do you mean the Jockey or the new place? The new venture looked very much like a building site the morning of the Oirish game.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 222
Location: 'nam

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

12 Oct 2019 13:27 pm:

New place was a hive of activity - reckon a couple of days away from opening.
I'd expect the first home premiership game will see the first test...
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1220
Location: Deep within the Wychwoods

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

12 Oct 2019 16:57 pm:

covglaws wrote:Do you mean the Jockey or the new place? The new venture looked very much like a building site the morning of the Oirish game.

I was talking about the Jockey, sorry if I missed something.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2001

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

13 Oct 2019 16:00 pm:

adam wrote:New place was a hive of activity - reckon a couple of days away from opening.
I'd expect the first home premiership game will see the first test...

I was told two weeks
On the board
Posts: 760

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

14 Oct 2019 22:38 pm:

The Shuthonger One wrote:Is there any news on this new venture? Is it open? What kinds of ales etc.?


The owner posted on the 4th Oct that it would be open in two weeks, so any time now.

It's going to be called "The Heritage" maybe a throw back to the furniture days.

I've asked him what beers he'll be stocking.
Senior squad member
Posts: 169

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

15 Oct 2019 18:54 pm:

Senior squad member
Posts: 159

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

15 Nov 2019 09:04 am:

Does anyone have any feedback on The Heritage? Eg beers available, prices etc

Apart from the one on Google about high heals!

Although based on average spend I should probably just have a beer in the ground.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1811
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

15 Nov 2019 09:45 am:

timrob1969 wrote:Does anyone have any feedback on The Heritage? Eg beers available, prices etc .


I had a quick look in there last Saturday. It's got a sort of shabby chic / industrial feel to it, a bit like some of the brewery taps that are springing up in industrial estates especially in the likes of London, Birmingham and Manchester. Given that look, I was massively disappointed, a selection of bog standard keg products and the ubiquitous Doom Bar. Not something which was going to entice me away from the Pelican, even for an experimental half.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
First team regular
Posts: 96

Re: The Jockey/Kingsholm Inn

15 Nov 2019 10:30 am:

covglaws wrote:
timrob1969 wrote:Does anyone have any feedback on The Heritage? Eg beers available, prices etc .


I had a quick look in there last Saturday. It's got a sort of shabby chic / industrial feel to it, a bit like some of the brewery taps that are springing up in industrial estates especially in the likes of London, Birmingham and Manchester. Given that look, I was massively disappointed, a selection of bog standard keg products and the ubiquitous Doom Bar. Not something which was going to entice me away from the Pelican, even for an experimental half.


Not impressed - dark, noisy, like a warehouse and felt a little bit unfinished.
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby